x.264.exe

exile360

Using a quick scan with database 357 this item was detected. I went to my system32 folder and could not locate the file. I searched google and found that it is part of SUPER, a video conversion program that I did install, but have long since removed. I believe the FP is on a file that SUPER left behind. I did a scan two days ago(I don't recall what the database version was) and it found 2 or 3 other files it claimed were trojans in my System32 folder. I researched them and likewise found them to be components of SUPER. I am currently running KAV, SuperAntispyware Pro, TeaTimer, Windows Defender and Comodo Boclean and none of them made any of these detections. I was just wondering if this is an FP or something they missed. Thanks. I have attached the log file from todays scan as instructed in the sticky.

This super c thing . I have seen many forum threads where people claim that once they install it there systems become unstable and have seen reports that it also hides files from the user .

I may be wrong about it being a trojan (still not sure) but it does seem to be junk .

I am going to look into this one a lot more today .

OK , you cant see that file because its hidden , and for no reason it seems .

When you google any of the files involved with super c all you get is hijackthis help forum threads .

I can find experts removing them , I can find experts not removing them .

I can find VirusTotal reports where these files are listed with 3 to 5 heuristic hits but no actual direct hits for malware .

One thing I cant find are reports where is this is outright listed as malware .

I am removing this for now , I will look into this further though .

These are the reasons I added it to begin with :

1. Searching for its files netted nothing but help forum threads .

2. Multiple reports of it being removed because for various reasons all involving people not being happy with it .

3. Multiple reports of it being uninstalled but leaving some of its files behind .

4. It hiding its files from the user .

5. Some evidence of other vendors detecting it as malware .

I cant find a download for this that still works and because of time issues (and loads of real malware to research) I cant look into this any further today .

I have removed it for now , next update will up soon .

If anyone can find me a link to this software I would be grateful .

Thanks for all your hard work and research guys. I will agree that the program seems to be junk, that's why I uninstalled it to begin with, but I just like you could find nothing truly malicious about it. Again, I appreciate all the assistance and all the work Malwarebytes has done on RoguRemover, MBAM, Qoofix etc. You guys are great, please keep up the good work.

OMG

These guys have a funny definition of the term uninstall .

At the very most their uninstaller removed 10% of this software .

I just may build a removal tool for this , should be real easy .

I am also taking a close look at all of the files left behind , what still loads and what this file is that runs for a split second after you uninstall .

I m not adding this back into defs .

Here is the deal , two things combine to make this "look" like malware .

First it removes next to nothing that it adds to windows and system 32 .

Next a lot of these files are hidden from the user and many also have no version info .

But .....

None of whats left is set to load and all detection on these files are based on their executable packers , they use a lot that malware also uses .

• 2 months later...
OMG

I am also taking a close look at all of the files left behind , what still loads and what this file is that runs for a split second after you uninstall .

Any news on that removal tool? I uninstalled the program and would like to remove all traces of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OMG

Did you ever build a removal tool for SUPER? I would be greatly interested in it. Or could you post a log of all the files it installs, so I know which ones to manually delete to uninstall the program? Thanks for any help.

Did you ever build a removal tool for SUPER? I would be greatly interested in it. Or could you post a log of all the files it installs, so I know which ones to manually delete to uninstall the program? Thanks for any help.

At the very least a list of what's left behind would allow one of us to create a BFU script to automate the cleanup.