Firefox crashing

nelchel05

Hi again -

Please try to use Internet Explorer (it will be listed on your ststem) as you need it for M/soft updates -

If you cannot find it on your start menu or desktop then open Windows Explorer and it will be listed in there -

Try to use it first - Then please read item #7 from the link below to Un/re install this program - It will give you a fresh version - Ignore about ID & KEY -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

If you think a recent infection may be responsable then follow these directions below to ensure you have internet connections set right (browsers do not matter) -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162097

If you think you may have had any infections they may still exist so please follow these directions -

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please let us know if the first 2 fixes worked-

Thank You - ;)

FWIW: I can confirm that Firefox 3.5.6 started crashing on this website since yesterday (three times this morning).

This problem doesn't appear when using IE 8 or Flock.

So far, I haven't encountered this problem with another website, using Firefox.

Hope this has been of help.

Hi Noknojon, I only use IE8 now when visiting our website (on the Dell Inspiron). (I have Flock installed on the HP mini).

I can also add that there are no crashing problems when visiting our website here at the office with Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Linux as O.S.

There have been a surprising number of problems with the last two versions of Firefox. Way too many folks who had no problem for years are

dealing with frequent crashes. Some of the issues can be traced to Microsoft, some to conflicts with AV's, (pay attention Symantec) apps like Adobe and Java, and some to add ons.

However, it seems to me that Mozilla has been slow in dealing with problems that originate in the browser itself. In following the help forum at Mozilla i see way more issues than ever before.

Really unfortunate that this is happening as Firefox has gotten so much faster and secure than ever before and most, like myself, purely hate to use any other browser and i don't know how i managed without "no script"!

Firefox crashed again twice this morning when visiting our website. The odd thing is this doesn't happen when I go to other websites/forums I visit on a regular base. There's definitely something that Firefox doesn't like about our forums :)

If this should be related to some of the add-ons I have installed, I think these crashes would at least appear more frequently when browsing other websites :) .

Anyone with some advise on this please?

The only thing I can come up with is that either a setting or plugin is different in your setup than that of those not experiencing the issue. For now I'd use mountaintree as an example of a stable setup since she's not experiencing the issue and compare the following with her to try to determine the root cause:

1. Settings, especially those dealing with scripts and how pages are loaded/rendered in Firefox
  2. Plugins, all of them, whether or not they're enabled, along with their version numbers

If we can determine the differences we might be able to root out the cause.

Unfortunately I know of no specific tool that will show all of your settings. Somethingl like HijackThis will show plugins, but more info would be required than that, such as the specific version info of the plugins and whether or not any of them are disabled, something that can only be done by looking at your own Firefox settings.

Other info, such as your OS and service pack level along with your active security software might also be helpful. All of these could be potential factors in the problem.

Would you like a screen shot of my plugins, Mona?

Edit: I took a screen shot for you anyway :)

Java is disabled because I have gotten rid of it completely and for some reason that part was leftover. I've disabled Adobe Reader until the patch is out (I have applied the java script disable-ment fix though) and Flash I leave disabled most of the time lately unless I need it :)

And I have no idea what the Microsoft DRM is or the Microsoft Dynamic Link library is either, but I figure they're probably harmless.

Anything else that you might need to know and.or see? :)

post-13640-1262452591_thumb.jpg

Use Extension List Dumper http://sogame.awardspace.com/eldumper/ after installation go to add-ons and notice new button. Tick away what is to be included and in which format (plain text or bbcode should work for this forum). Is also listed on add-on site https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3746 but this is a slightly newer version. Should be build-in feature I think. Firefox can collect this info but only done in crashreports which not that many humans can read.

Does not pick up Greasemonkey scripts though so if you have that installed look out for those. Even more so if you have it installed but have no idea what it does! Now add-on site have started to warn against the potential risk of installing add-ons. About time but also goes for Greasemonkey scripts, called userscripts, but x50.

Other than that do "Basic Troubleshooting" http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Basic+...p;s=diagnostics Logic of that approach will narrow down problem fast. If nothing else new profile always works, unless problem is a plugin or outside powers are to blaim. Firefox not much different than Windows :)

Sorry for the late reply (New Year festivities).

@js9600 : Thank you very much for this very helpful tool.

Dumplist of add-ons :

Toepassing: Firefox 3.5.6 (20091201220228)

Besturingssysteem: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Adblock Plus 1.1.2

- Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.6

- AI Roboform Toolbar for Firefox 6.9.98

- All-in-One Sidebar 0.7.10

- Autofill Forms 0.9.5.2

- BetterPrivacy 1.45

- Browser Defender Toolbar 1.1.3

- ColorfulTabs 4.1

- DownloadHelper 4.6.5

- Extension List Dumper 1.14.6

- FEBE 6.3.2

- Finjan Secure Browsing 1.314

- Flagfox 3.3.19

- FlashGot 1.2.1.08

- Forecastfox 0.9.10.1

- Google Toolbar for Firefox 6.1.20091216W

- HP Smart Web Printing 4.5

- IE Tab 1.5.20090525

- Java Console 6.0.17

- Java Quick Starter 1.0

- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1

- NoScript 1.9.9.30

- NoSquint 2.0.3

- ReminderFox 1.9.6

- RightToClick 2.5

- Secure Login 0.9.3

- WOT 20091028

- Yahoo! Toolbar 2.0.0.20090622040742

Dumplist of plugins :

Toepassing: Firefox 3.5.6 (20091201220228)

Besturingssysteem: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- 2007 Microsoft Office system 12.0.4518.1014

- Adobe Acrobat 9.1.0.163

- HP ClipBook plugin for HP Smart Web Printing 130.1.27107.0

- IE Tab Plug-in 1.3.0.1

- iTunes Application Detector 1.0.1.1

- Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.170.4 6.0.170.4

- Java Platform SE 6 U17 6.0.170.4

- Microsoft Office Live Plug-in for Firefox 2.0.3009.0

- Microsoft