PRO version settings questions

Having recently purchased a PRO version license, naturally I am finding some more questions to ask. :)

I note that on the Settings page, it states that, "Some settings are available in the PRO version only". The list of eight General settings all look the same to me as in the free version, but I'm here asking because I am not sure. Which settings are available in the PRO version only?

I have attached an image of how my settings are configured. Can someone tell me if these are default? I think I previously de-selected the first one, "Terminate Internet Explorer during removal". Any input or advice on these settings?

I'm also wondering if the PRO version does any auto-removal of found threats? I'm thinking it doesn't, but I wanted to check with someone who knows for sure. :)

Next question, is there a PRO version download that is different from the free? All I did was register my already-running free version by adding the license key. But the language used above ("Some settings are available in the PRO version only") has me scratching my head, that maybe there is a free version and a PRO.

The email from cleverbridge has a download link... should I have used that instead of my previously installed free version?

Also in the cleverbridge email, under how to activate the the license key, it states,

1. If you do not yet have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License(s) installed, you can download it from above.

2. Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License(s). Click on the Protection tab and click Register.

3. Enter your ID and Key listed above and click Register.

This has me wondering too. What is the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License that I can download?

I certainly appreciate any assistance. :P

post-2708-1261668257_thumb.jpg

The settings that are different are in the Protection Tab. You can schedule scans and updates. The pro version's main difference is that it runs the Protection Module which helps to stop infections continuously as well as IP Protection and the free does not.

Then I think it's misleading to have "Some settings are available in the PRO version only" written on the Settings Tab.

Still would like to know...

I attached an image of how my settings are configured. Can someone tell me if these are default? I think I previously de-selected the first one, "Terminate Internet Explorer during removal". Any input or advice on these settings?

I'm also wondering if the PRO version does any auto-removal of found threats? I'm thinking it doesn't, but I wanted to check with someone who knows for sure.

Is there a PRO version download that is different from the free? All I did was register my already-running free version by adding the license key.

What is the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License that I can download?

The "Terminate Internet Explorer during removal" box is not checked by default, so your settings are the default settings. It used to be checked by default but now it's not necessary because leaving Internet Explorer open can not actually stop MBAM from deleting anything. If MBAM finds something it can't delete whilst Internet Explorer or Windows is running, it will ask you to reboot the computer and then delete it using it's 'Delete on Reboot' driver. Having Internet Explorer open on shutdown cannot affect this deletion process in any way. I'm not actually sure why the "Terminate Internet Explorer during removal" box is still there. Maybe, because it's not actually doing any harm, it was just easier to leave the option there rather than remove it.

The PRO version of MBAM does not do any auto-removal of found threats, but it's realtime protection module will auto-block found threats before they have a chance to infect your computer. And MBAM's realtime protection module is capable of detecting and blocking threats that other antivirus/antimalware programs can miss completely.

There is no PRO version download that is different from the free version. Adding your license information automatically converts your free version to the PRO version.

1. If you do not yet have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License(s) installed, you can download it from above.

2. Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License(s). Click on the Protection tab and click Register.

3. Enter your ID and Key listed above and click Register.

The text quoted above is a mistake. It should only say 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware' not 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License'. They are talking about the program itself, not the Consumer License. The Consumer License is just the ID and Key that you used to register the program and convert it into the PRO version.

You are always welcome - Please post back if you have further questions - We are glad that you are now satisfied

Okay, another question.

Does MBAM ever ask to reboot the OS after a new version update?

If yes, how is that handled when the update is pushed out through auto-updating?

I don't seem to recall being asked to reboot XP after a new version update, but others say they have.

• Root Admin

If the update was done manually yes it will ask. If it happened during your scheduled update task then no it won't ask, but does need a restart.

Again, these type of issues should be corrected in an update to the engine coming out hopefully the first quarter of the new year.

If the update was done manually yes it will ask. If it happened during your scheduled update task then no it won't ask, but does need a restart.

Again, these type of issues should be corrected in an update to the engine coming out hopefully the first quarter of the new year.

Are you referring to a program restart, or an OS reboot?

And is it performed when obtained via auto-update?

My thanks.