RadioSure

Antec

Good morning,
I haven't been here for years. Everything works fine Thanks
Today, after years of good operation, mbam me detects RadioSure as malicious. Malware Heuristic.2120

https://www.radiosure.fr/
C:\Users\JFG\AppData\Local\RadioSure\RadioSure.exe
Latest official version is 2.2.1046 (January 29, 2016).https://www.radiosure.fr/download.html
RadioSure-2.2.1046-setup.exe

I had to make it an exception to continue listening to my radio

Can you please delete this from the viral database Thank you

Best regards
F.J.

I'm sorry, there is no Linux Malwarebytes Anti Malware retail product, only a business product.  There are retail products for the MAC and Android platforms.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar

Posted (edited)

Hi,

No,on the same machine, but another OS (W10 Enterprise LTSc). A scan this morning 13. before Mbam Update. A scan at 9. 

Salut La Belgique 

Malwarebytes Compte-rendu d'analyse 2024-07-13 082139.txt Malwarebytes Compte-rendu d'analyse 2024-07-13 082517.txt

Malwarebytes Compte-rendu d'analyse 2024-07-09 050501.txt

Edited by Antec

• Staff

I really can't reproduce detection here though. It's probably still being cached.

Quit malwarebytes from the systemtray.
Then navigate to the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

In there, locate the file HubbleCache and delete it.

Restart Malwarebytes again. A new Hubblecache will then be created again, so it will properly pick it up and remember to not detect this anymore.

Posted (edited)

Hi Porthos, Miekiemoes, David H. Lipman,

(See if turning off rootkit scanning corrects the issue.)

Sorry, I'm not going to do that. You know, I've been using RadioSure for over 10 years. And it hasn't been reinstalled in a very long time.
It works very well, and overnight, lately, Mbam detects it?

Take it out of your virus database... you didn't do it!!!

@Miekiemoes, Thanks, I figured out a few things. On my OS where Radiosure is detected, there is no HubbleCache. So there is nothing to delete. Stopping Mbam changes nothing, it does not re-create a file. I created a new empty one...it doesn't work, it's empty...
I copy that of another OS (lol) from my machine, ha ha, it works!    (I just did it again and it works.)

So conclusion. You create a HubbleCache file, or you say, don't detect this, don't detect this... is that the case?
If so, should I put Radiosure in the Non-Detection Exceptions? (I found an exclusions.txt file which is 1km long lol)

So it wasn't taken out of the viral database???

Malwarebytes Compte-rendu d'analyse 2024-07-17 002256.txt

Edited by Antec

• Staff

It looks like something is acting weird here. Normally, a hubblecache always gets created again automatically... unless there's a temporary glitch with your connection where it won't access hubble. These components all work together with updates.

It might only be temporary and environmental related though. Can you update once again (although updates should automatically also be downloaded when running a scan) and see if it's still detected? If so, and still detected, We would need more info, so can you zip and attach the MBAMService.LOG, this so I can have a look what the problem is.

You can find this log in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\LOGS

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Miekiemoes,

Sorry for the non-answer, I was on holiday, with my family in Moselle, and in Halanzy on the border in Belgium.

Well, for Radiosure, it works now. And I haven't touched anything.

On all my machines... lol 😂

Conclusion, you have now really deleted it from the virus database... ah ah ah...

Now you have the mission to find who added it to the virus database... it's going to be mission impossible lol

Best regards

French Friendships