Reseller feedback on Other devices feature

• Staff

Hi there,

We're looking to collect some feedback on the Other devices feature that was released with Malwarebytes 5. We understand that this feature has introduced some challenges and undesirable experiences for some of our customers as the feature will display a list of devices linked to the account along with a count of issues being reported by Trusted Advisor (refer to dashboard on the left of the attached image).

For customers impacted by this issue, one of the potential options we are exploring is a modification of the Malwarebytes 5 dashboard to be similar to the experience we provide for Techbench end-users (refer to dashboard on the right of the attached image).

To better assist us with designing a solution for your needs, please review and respond to all of the following questions either by replying to this post or submit your responses to me via direct message.

Questions

• How many total endpoints (where Malwarebytes is installed) do you manage? 
    • How many endpoints are Windows vs. Mac?
  • How many individual accounts (aka My Account logins) do you manage?
  • How many individual subscriptions (aka license keys) do you manage?
  • What types of subscriptions/licenses are you using to activate your clients' devices? 
    • For annual subscriptions, please indicate whether you have a Malwarebytes Standard (formerly Malwarebytes Premium) subscription or a Malwarebytes for Teams subscription?
    • If using lifetime licenses, please respond with "Lifetime license"

Feedback on Other Devices module.png

• Like 2

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to Reseller feedback on Other devices feature

I think removing the VPN section and Other Devices section would be great.  I don't have and don't plan on ever having the MB VPN.  I have a one device license and don't need or want an Other Devices section.  My wife has a three device license and she doesn't want to see this at all. 

The VPN and Other Devices sections should be hidden by default and only shown by selecting an option in the settings.

As for the huge big blue section on the screen shot on the right... please don't do this.  If you must show anything at all please make it an icon on the left like Dashboard and Settings.  The dashboard should be simple and clean.  Use the options and icons to get to more details.

Edited by BillH99999

• Staff

To clarify, the proposed changes would not be for the general audience, it would only apply to our resellers who need to hide the Other devices section so that their client/end-users aren't able to see the device names of other devices linked to the account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
15 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

My wife has a three device license and she doesn't want to see this at all. 

@BillH99999 thanks for the feedback. Can you elaborate on this? For most of the people we talked to, they liked the ability to see if one of their devices is reporting an issue especially if it's a device they don't frequently log in to or if it belongs to someone else in the family. Is this causing any specific issues for your wife? Is it personal preference? Is there something else she needs to see in place of that information? 

The more details you can share, the easier it is for our Design team to understand the problems and develop a solution for your needs. Using problem statements (e.g. I don't like the Other device section because...it causes this to happen...which results in....) is extremely helpful for providing feedback.

6 hours ago, H4V0C said:

@BillH99999 thanks for the feedback. Can you elaborate on this? For most of the people we talked to, they liked the ability to see if one of their devices is reporting an issue especially if it's a device they don't frequently log in to or if it belongs to someone else in the family. Is this causing any specific issues for your wife? Is it personal preference? Is there something else she needs to see in place of that information? 

The more details you can share, the easier it is for our Design team to understand the problems and develop a solution for your needs. Using problem statements (e.g. I don't like the Other device section because...it causes this to happen...which results in....) is extremely helpful for providing feedback.

She looks at each device if she wants to know the situation on that device.  She doesn't want to see what is happening on every device in one place.  I would agree with her.  It makes more sense in a business environment rather than in our situation (a household).  It doesn't really cause any issues for her.  Just unwanted info.  I guess it is just personal preference. 

She doesn't like the Other Device section because it is unwanted information and just clutters up the UI.  Hide it on another tab like Settings or Dashboard.  I would agree with her.

The same goes for the VPN section.

Edited by BillH99999
  • Thanks 1

I manage multiple personal licenses for my customers from yearly subscriptions to many individual lifetime licenses.  This was the only way to get the product in the beginning if you recall and many of us helped to build this product and company into what it has become.  I need to be able to turn the Other Devices screen OFF.  There is no good reason for this when you can get it on the backend when logging into the account.  Want nothing to do with this nor do my customers as it is a security issue for the small businesses that I support and have been for all these years.

Please change this ASAP before rolling out to everyone.

1 hour ago, arbrich said:

individual lifetime licenses. 

Even though I quoted you, This is meant for everyone reading.

The other devices will not show other computers as lifetime ones are one computer-only license. Even if you sold more than one to a customer it won't show the other computers.

I do agree that the other device section should be removed or hidden.

• Staff

@arbrich thank you for the feedback. The Other devices feature was primarily designed for families where a single individual manages security for the household. To expand into new market segments and grow our business, we're exploring options to better serve families that have multiple devices under their roof. So far we haven't received much feedback that would help us prioritize changing this experience for the use case where personal licenses are being used in a business model. Specifically we're looking for responses to the following questions (see below). Without these details, it's extremely difficult for us to prioritize this above other initiatives on the product roadmap.

Questions

• How many total endpoints (where Malwarebytes is installed) do you manage? 
    • How many endpoints are Windows vs. Mac?
  • How many individual accounts (aka My Account logins) do you manage?
  • How many individual subscriptions (aka license keys) do you manage?
  • What types of subscriptions/licenses are you using to activate your clients' devices? 
    • For annual subscriptions, please indicate whether you have a Malwarebytes Standard (formerly Malwarebytes Premium) subscription or a Malwarebytes for Teams subscription?
    • If using lifetime licenses, please respond with "Lifetime license"

Aaron, I answered most of these questions above and I would like to discuss this with you directly as I am not sure you understand the situation you have put a lot of us in who helped build your company into what it has become today. How can we setup a phone call to discuss ??

• Staff
On 4/9/2024 at 5:07 PM, arbrich said:

Aaron, I answered most of these questions above and I would like to discuss this with you directly as I am not sure you understand the situation you have put a lot of us in who helped build your company into what it has become today. How can we setup a phone call to discuss ??

Hi @arbrich, I'll reach out via direct message.