Strange bug on Youtube

Individuo1
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

Hi, I had a problem with the browser guard. When I hover over the video preview (on YouTube), it opens automatically (as if I had clicked on it).  After opening the video, it pauses by itself. Also, the audio of the video continued playing after I returned to the home page.
I thought that It could happen because of a virus, but my pc is clean (I used the Malwarebytes antivirus to analyse my pc lol). After confirm that the issue was not my PC, I tested all my extensions one by one and that issue only happened when the Browser Guard were active.

I already tried uninstalling it and downloading again, but is the same. I downloaded it from the edge app store. Here is a clip about the bug, the first try is with the browser guard and the video starts automatically without any click, pauses itself and it also reproduced audio when I returned to the main page. The second try is without the browser guard and the video only starts when I press left click. Also, the audio bug doesn't occur when I disabled the extension.

I'm having this issue in Google Chrome. I think the issue is with the February 19, 2024 update, since it just started happnening today for me.  

I have both ublock origin and browserguard installed. I was able to replicate the issue by scrolling repeatly through youtube--scrolling pages and pages of videos..and it would load a video. It was making me paranoid, but it went away after disabling/removing malwarebytes browserguard.

Also had issues with the audio too..but i had to click through multiple videos to trigger it. 

All the issues are gone after removing the extension (browserguard). I only have 2 extension installed MB and Ublock Origin. 

20 hours ago, Individuo1 said:

I already tried uninstalling it and downloading again, but is the same. I downloaded it from the edge app store. Here is a clip about the bug, the first try is with the browser guard and the video starts automatically without any click, pauses itself and it also reproduced audio when I returned to the main page. The second try is without the browser guard and the video only starts when I press left click. Also, the audio bug doesn't occur when I disabled the extension.

I am experiencing the same, but on chrome.

20 hours ago, Individuo1 said:

Hi @gatortail.

The big with videos starting from the Home Feed seems to persist despite the v2.6.23 update to Browser Guard.

Can I ask if this is known and further bug fixes in process?  Currently my only option to avoid this problem is to disable Browser Guard.

Regards,

Andrew