M/soft updates never install -

noknojon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased APC Back-UPS ES a few years ago for about $80 and it is the best investment I made as I have infrequent but annoying 5 second power blips that happen mostly in the morning around 9:00AM:

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techsp...e_sku=BE350G-CN

Welllll - :) - Don't ask me how , but I think that somehow that power glitch has set "most" things RIGHT - :)

After the failure (about a 5 second outage) things started to install one at a time - Each item needed a reboot after install (some were still D/loaded) -

Now I can start a thread about how can I get this thing to start normally again - She will kill me tomorrow when I need to get her to type her name each time we log on - The normal "Automatic" open direct to desktop no longer exists - We never set a password (lucky I would have forgotten by now) just her name as user -

:):):)

@ YoKenny1 -

Very good idea - But we hardly ever have 'regular' outages - Just one of those things -

@ exile360 -

Not sure if I am game to do a sys restore now that it has worked - :) Everything else is normal once you get to the screen -

Going to bed and will consider the options in the morning - If you think the files I have just loaded will stay I will do a sys restore to early today -

I want to keep any 'playing' to a minimum but I may need something -

If you want to leave any ideas I can try them / or leave it ???

You're welcome :)

After the failure (about a 5 second outage) things started to install one at a time - Each item needed a reboot after install (some were still D/loaded) -
Well, it was likely one of the cleaning/removal procedures that you did that corrected that issue :) .

As for the login screen issue, that shouldn't be too tough to correct, in fact, I believe there's a service that needs to be running (Fast User Switching) and a registry setting or two, which as I recall are accessible somewhere in the Windows UI (I believe MSConfig), but we can work on that later when you create your new topic :) .

PatchRegCleanup-x86.exe I found this patch, but it says I must register it??? when I try I get black screen telling to registor product.... how do i do this... I tried to type in PatchRegCleanup-x86.exe, but the screen closed... I have Vista Premium Home Edition 32 bit... The reason I am trying to download this is it is I cannot install any of my windows updates. Can you please Help me? Thanks- Terry

PatchRegCleanup-x86.exe I found this patch, but it says I must register it??? when I try I get black screen telling to registor product.... how do i do this... I tried to type in PatchRegCleanup-x86.exe, but the screen closed... I have Vista Premium Home Edition 32 bit... The reason I am trying to download this is it is I cannot install any of my windows updates. Can you please Help me? Thanks- Terry

Welcome TBH1 -

You will need to start a new topic at the top of this section - My system was not the same as yours so the patches and fixes may not apply to your system -

Click on New Topic at the top of PC Help -