Warning about Kerish Doctor

KenW

I don't expect that a program I PURCHASED and had to download to install should be ATTACKED. Since it is a KNOWN PROGRAM AND NOT A BULLSHIT ONE.

This whole garbage really gets to me. MBAM thinks they are god. If I didn't have a lifetime license, I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE IT. 

I do research before I purchase a program, it is not a Deceptor Apps. That was from a site I never heard of which I put into the trash can.

Edited by KenW

• Root Admin

Wow, if you truly believe that all paid programs are good, valid, valuable programs then I suppose you should speak with Apple and Google who have removed thousands of paid programs from their app stores.

We provide a method to allow you to tell Malwarebytes to ignore the detection. Add the exclusion and we won't detect it next time unless they modify the file in question. If they modify it then we may possibly detect again in the future but all you do is add the exclusion back in for the new modified file.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Please get us logs and we'll work with you to fix the issue.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

15 minutes ago, KenW said:

I HAVE IT IN MY ALLOW LIST ALREADY.

To exclude these items you need to perform a scan (a Threat scan or Hyper scan should do) and then at the end when it shows the list of detections, uncheck any item that you do not want removed and click Next.  When prompted on what to do with the remaining unchecked items, select Ignore Always and they will be added to your exclusions and will no longer be detected by future scans.

Please let us know if you have any trouble or if there are any other issues we might assist you with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Root Admin

First, if the program file was quarantined then you can restore the file from quarantine.

Please see the following article on how to restore

Restore or delete quarantined items in Malwarebytes for Windows
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479214-Restore-or-delete-quarantined-items-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

Next, please see the following article on how to add exclusions to Malwarebytes

Exclude detections in Malwarebytes for Windows
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479234-Exclude-detections-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

Use the Allow File of Folder. Then browse to this file entry and add it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerish Doctor\KerishDoctor.exe

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information