Malwarebytes Native Message Service stopped working

dbartenstein
Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

Hello and Welcome @dbartenstein
I'm sorry the software isn't working properly but we'll do our best to help.
To help the team better, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:
NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply
Thank you

7 minutes ago, Ried said:

Hi dbartenstein, thank you for the logs.

Just to clarify, is this is happening in Edge browser, or Mozilla Firefox browser?

Also, does it happen sporadically, or does it seem to happen when you go to certain webpages?

It doesn't seem to be browser related.  It often happens in the middle of the night when I am not at the computer. 

I do use Edge pretty much exclusively.  I have Firefox installed but rarely use it.

• Staff

Hi - they'd like to try to catch more verbose logging when this happens:

• Open Malwarebytes > Settings (via the gear icon in the upper right corner)
  • Under the General tab, scroll down to 'Event Log Data' and slide the toggle switch to 'ON"

The next time you see the error with Malwarebytes Native Message service, quickly run the Support Tool > Gather logs..  I say 'quickly' because the logs grow very quickly with this setting On. We only retain a certain amount of logs, then they drop off. 

Please attach the new mbst-grab-results.zip in your next reply.

3 minutes ago, Ried said:

Hi - they'd like to try to catch more verbose logging when this happens:

• Open Malwarebytes > Settings (via the gear icon in the upper right corner)
  • Under the General tab, scroll down to 'Event Log Data' and slide the toggle switch to 'ON"

The next time you see the error with Malwarebytes Native Message service, quickly run the Support Tool > Gather logs..  I say 'quickly' because the logs grow very quickly with this setting On. We only retain a certain amount of logs, then they drop off. 

Please attach the new mbst-grab-results.zip in your next reply.

I've got it turned on now.  It'll be tricky catching it, because I only noticed these when I run Reliability History

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...