Too many updates.

I just installed MWB Premium 3.5.1.    It seems that every hour I get a popup that says that a new version is available.    Why can't these updates be grouped into one daily install?     And I have "Notify me when full version updates are available" turned OFF in the settings yet I'm still getting them. Very annoying.

2 minutes ago, teeelions said:

I just installed MWB Premium 3.5.1.    It seems that every hour I get a popup that says that a new version is available.    Why can't these updates be grouped into one daily install?     And I have "Notify me when full version updates are available" turned OFF in the settings yet I'm still getting them. Very annoying.

What OS is on the computer?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teeelions said:

Why did they sell that to me?  Here is the email receipt. Purchased yesterday.

You license you bought is good for all versions.

Lets use the support tool and do a clean uninstall and reinstall. This will get you the current version.

Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.

image.png.973dad023af39652987f68a287e003d7.png

Please close all browsers and programs before running the tool. Right click and quit MB from the system tray also.

Once done it will attempt to reinstall both Malwarebytes and Privacy VPN.

Please say no and close the X button on the top right for Privacy.

5 minutes ago, teeelions said:

And now there is a different blue mwb icon in the tray. Is this the proper result?

The instructions said the following.

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Once done it will attempt to reinstall both Malwarebytes and Privacy VPN.

Please say no and close the X button on the top right for Privacy.

That Icon is for a separate program from Malwarebytes called Privacy. It is a VPN. Go to Windows programs and features and uninstall  only Malwarebytes Privacy.

image.thumb.png.2842345085b51a11f494bf96b0479c88.png

• Root Admin

It would be nice to get a set of logs to see what is running on your system so that we can better assist you. @teeelions

Please do the following so that we can get started and see what's going on.

The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer.

There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit.
To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft's article: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: Frequently asked questions

Download and launch Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

1. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    Do not click on any Ads.

2. Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
    Downloaded files are often saved to the Downloads folder.

3. Double-click the downloaded file to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

DOC-1318-1.png

4. Windows protected your PC notification may appear. This notification is from the Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter which prevents unfamiliar apps from running on your PC.
    Disable smart screen ONLY if it interferes with software we may have to use:  What is SmartScreen and how can it help protect me?

a.  Click More info.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190254/DOC-1318-2.png
         b.  Click Run anyway.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190294/DOC-1318-3.png
  5. When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.

image.png

6. To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.

image.png

7. Ensure only the boxes listed below are checked

image.png

Registry  Services  Drivers
    Processes  Internet  One month
    Addition.txt

image.png

8. Disable any Antivirus software you have installed ONLY if it stops software we may use from working.
    Please remember to re-enable any Antivirus software when we are finished running scans

Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.

image.png

9. When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages:

• Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Addition.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Click OK to close each message window

Please attach both of those logs on your next reply, DO NOT copy/paste the contents of the logs directly

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mmalware/monthly_2018_10/_mb_attach.jpg.dbd89b8e360d3763b3bbe33ce83d680d.jpg

Thanks

• Root Admin

Good day, @teeelions

Your computer shows multiple errors being logged and I have some other suggestions for you. If you like, we can help assist you in cleaning up your computer and getting Malwarebytes installed properly.

The number one concern would be to double-check and verify what is on drive F: as an error for disk corruption is being shown on that drive. That needs to get corrected.

Please note that your version of Windows is no longer being actively serviced. You really should take the time to make backups of your data if you do not have them, then update to the latest version of Windows.
Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 2004 19041.329 (X64) (2020-06-28 12:19:14)

Windows 10 version information
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/release-information

KB5003791: Update to Windows 10, version 21H2 by using an enablement package
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5003791-update-to-windows-10-version-21h2-by-using-an-enablement-package-8bc077be-18d7-4aac-81ce-6f6dad2cd384

Getting Windows up to date and running a disk check on the F: drive would be the first things to consider. Make sure you have a back up of your data first though before updating Windows 10

Please note that if you're using a paid version of Malwarebytes I would recommend that you uninstall AVG and use the built-in Windows Defender alongside Malwarebytes paid Premium version. It will be a stronger and more stable solution.

AV: AVG Antivirus (Enabled - Up to date) {4FC75CA5-1654-5411-7CFB-1893D506BCF4}
AS: AVG Antivirus (Enabled - Up to date) {F4A6BD41-306E-5B9F-464B-23E1AE81F649}

Please note that Bonjour is a network discovery protocol that is very noisy and often causes conflicts on Windows. I would recommend that you uninstall it. It is not needed to use with an iPhone

Bonjour

Your version of Java is very old and compromised. If possible I'd recommend using your computer without Java but if you really need it then uninstall old versions and keep it up to date at all times. https://java.com

Java 8 Update 291 (64-bit)

Please note that your Zoom version is out of date. Please review and update

Zoom (HKU\S-1-5-21-64531484-4004407286-3706521261-1001\...\ZoomUMX) (Version: 5.10.4 (5035) - Zoom Video Communications, Inc.)
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361953-New-Updates-for-Windows

You have the following Alernate Data Streams on your system. I would recommend you review and if not created by you on purpose, then remove them.

AlternateDataStreams: C:\Windows:AstInfo [0]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Reprise:wupeogjxlctlfudivq`qsp`28hfm [0]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\teeli\Amazon Drive:com.amazon.drive.sync [179]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\teeli\Amazon Drive:com.amazon.drive.sync.root [42]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\teeli\Cookies:iX6cqMa2gBwWQ7BJYlOV [2010]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\teeli\AppData\Local\CZNS3k2Gb6:W4HUclWdLZy6pDVqYakkJQXK [2106]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\teeli\AppData\Local\YeX8AAtniLxO9pv:HJYM3JLVFh6RZ4ASlX0jsQNzL [2352]

Please note the following System Errors that are currently being logged on the system.

System errors:
=============
Error: (08/15/2022 01:31:02 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073d02: 9NMPJ99VJBWV-Microsoft.YourPhone.

Error: (08/13/2022 12:34:50 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (45000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Intel(R) SUR QC Software Asset Manager service to connect.

Error: (08/13/2022 12:34:03 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7023) (User: )
Description: The cphs service terminated with the following error:
Invalid handle

Error: (08/13/2022 11:23:28 AM) (Source: Ntfs) (EventID: 137) (User: )
Description: The default transaction resource manager on volume F: encountered a non-retryable error and could not start.  The data contains the error code.

Error: (08/13/2022 11:23:28 AM) (Source: Ntfs) (EventID: 55) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:.

The exact nature of the corruption is unknown.  The file system structures need to be scanned online.

Error: (08/13/2022 11:23:28 AM) (Source: Ntfs) (EventID: 55) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:.

The exact nature of the corruption is unknown.  The file system structures need to be scanned and fixed offline.

Error: (08/13/2022 10:34:02 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (45000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Intel(R) SUR QC Software Asset Manager service to connect.

Error: (08/13/2022 10:33:15 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7023) (User: )
Description: The cphs service terminated with the following error:
Invalid handle

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

Drive F is a USB plug. While it was there when I ran the scan, it's not normally plugged it.

Regarding AVG: As far as I thought I uninstalled that several years ago.  In the C:/Program Files (x86) it's just an empty folder. And it doesn't exist in C:/Program Files as well under Programs and Features.  And Windows Defender is on.  Are you certain you're looking at MY logs?

Regarding 'Bonjour', I'm on a desktop not an iphone.

Upgrading my OS is just too big of an undertaking for me right now. It will be a headache. There has to be a better way to fix this!

By the way, I've used MWB without trouble for about six or seven years now. I get a one-year license and then renew. That's what I thought I was doing this time until I was sent the wrong link. The old MWB ran just fine on my current Windows 10 Home.  

This is their fault. I was sent somewhere they should not of sent me. And now it screwed up my system. I hate to leave MWB but it looks like I'm going to have to do so.

And I guess regarding every other thing that was mentioned...it's way too much for now. I just want the MWB I paid for installed correctly. This is not my fault!

16 minutes ago, teeelions said:

..it's way too much for now. I just want the MWB I paid for installed correctly.

Lets do this the simple way.

Can you please try this:

1. Download the offline installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline

2. Run the installer

Can you please let me  know if that worked ?

On 8/17/2022 at 11:46 PM, Porthos said:

Lets do this the simple way.

Can you please try this:

1. Download the offline installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline

2. Run the installer

Can you please let me  know if that worked ?

Is this offline installer official one? I didn't find it on the official website .