License Key

12 minutes ago, MalwareSal said:

I recently erased my Mac’s drive and did a fresh install. When I went to input my license key it was already inputed. How can that happen. 

1. Log in to My Account.
  2. Click the Subscriptions tab.
  3. Under Manage devices, click the trash icon for the device you want to deactivate. Or, if you don't know which one to deactivate, click Deactivate all.
  4. Then try to reactivate.
  • Thanks 1

The license key is almost certainly matched to your hardware which doesn't change just because you erase the drive. When you launch Malwarebytes for Mac it contacts the Malwarebytes licensing server to check on subscription status and upon identification would retrieves the key for you.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
12 hours ago, MalwareSal said:

I recently erased my Mac’s drive and did a fresh install. When I went to input my license key it was already inputed. How can that happen. 

Did you restore data from backups? If so, you probably restored settings data containing the information needed to activate the license.