Searching the Forum

OmniDan

Hello,

I heard that there were problems with AVG and Malwarebytes being resident on the same system. I tried to search for AVG in this forum, but somebody has enabled a policy preventing searches under four characters. Any ideas on how I could search from within the forum for a term like AVG? Or is an outside search engine my only recourse?

@ mountaintree16

@ AdvancedSetup

I did use google, I would have rather used the internal search though.

But I think this might refresh your memories AVG is reporting Mbam.exe as a threat http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...24642&st=20

This thread was started on 9-14-09 both of you posted to it less than a month ago, short memory?

I am just trying to make sure there won't be any problems before I put my name behind it. My reputation means more to me that $25.

@ OmniDan

I believe that this has been resolved (referring to your link to the mbam topic in the form). Maybe a silly question, but did you read through the entire thread? ;)

Personally, this conflict didn't happen to me, but I know it did happen to some other users.

Edit: I was just re-reading the topic, and it looks as though the original poster never got back to us on the final status, but more likely than not its been resolved.

If it were still an issue I'm sure she would've posted back and we'd be hearing more from AVG Internet Security users (that's the product that was detecting MBAM's files as a threat, not the AV) <_< . AVG's last statement that I read was that they were aware of the issue and working on it and that was some time ago so I'm certain it's been resolved by now, but you can check their forums to be certain as I'm sure there'd be plenty of users posting about it. That forum isn't "official", but there's plenty of AVG users posting there about their issues.

• Root Admin
@ mountaintree16

@ AdvancedSetup

I did use google, I would have rather used the internal search though.

But I think this might refresh your memories AVG is reporting Mbam.exe as a threat http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...24642&st=20

This thread was started on 9-14-09 both of you posted to it less than a month ago, short memory?

I am just trying to make sure there won't be any problems before I put my name behind it. My reputation means more to me that $25.

No that is NOT a conflict, that was a FALSE POSITIVE that was out for a very short period of time from AVG and they quickly corrected it.