VPN stopped working

MICHAL97
Go to solution Solved by MICHAL97,

• Staff

Please try the following steps:

1. Open the System Preferences app.
  2. Click the Network icon.
  3. In the list of network types, find Malwarebytes Privacy and select it.
  4. Click the minus (-) button at the bottom of the list to remove the Malwarebytes Privacy item.
  5. Close System Preferences and click Apply when asked if you want to apply the changes.
  6. Open Malwarebytes Privacy and use the toggle to try to turn on the connection
  7. You will be asked to add the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN configuration again. Allow it.

You should get back online at that point.

Once you've done that, make sure you're using the latest version of Privacy. The current version is 1.6.7.

403657792_ScreenShot2021-04-02at8_57_17AM.thumb.png.0340f59ea0130e801cdcae31a0521f32.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 1:58 PM, treed said:

Please try the following steps:

1. Open the System Preferences app.
  2. Click the Network icon.
  3. In the list of network types, find Malwarebytes Privacy and select it.
  4. Click the minus (-) button at the bottom of the list to remove the Malwarebytes Privacy item.
  5. Close System Preferences and click Apply when asked if you want to apply the changes.
  6. Open Malwarebytes Privacy and use the toggle to try to turn on the connection
  7. You will be asked to add the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN configuration again. Allow it.

You should get back online at that point.

Once you've done that, make sure you're using the latest version of Privacy. The current version is 1.6.7.

403657792_ScreenShot2021-04-02at8_57_17AM.thumb.png.0340f59ea0130e801cdcae31a0521f32.png

I tried this and the the VPN wasn't on the list to - it.

I am running the new M1 apple chip in my Mac if this makes a difference.

Thanks, that appears to be the cause of the issue, but I don't know what would cause it to do so.

Did you already try removing Malwarebytes for Mac, restarting the system, then trying to install Malwarebytes Privacy to see if that helps?  I don't know if it is the cause or not, but it would be good to at least eliminate the possibility.

Additionally, do you have any other security software installed on your system, such as antivirus, firewalls or anything similar that might block other software?

If not, are you an administrator on the system?  If not, you might try installing Malwarebytes Privacy from an admin account as that might help.

I would also suggest following jtodd234's instructions posted here to allow him to take a look at the diagnostic logs as that may allow him to find the cause of the problem: