Malware Bytes Look

Hello I have been using Anti-Malwarebytes for 1 day. This is my first post.

GT500 converted me via the Opera Forums.

Anyway, I am here to give feedback on Anti-Malwarebytes' look and I'll suggest other things also.

mal.png

The current icon for Anti-Malwarebytes looks a tad old. This one from the forum looks much better and it would be

an excelent candidate.

Now for the look of the app.

The current look is not as visually appealing as other security programs.

Here is a mock-up I came up with. (Thanks to MSFT paint (I would use GIMP but I'll wait for v2.7)) (Took me a while)

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9379/mockup2.png

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9569/mockup3.png

Thanks for listening,

DanielHendrycks

Hi DanielHendrycks! We welcome all your ideas & comments, Just to let you know we have a "Comments and Suggestions" forum where we would like to hear your ideas.. no need to post again.... and thanks for the kind words... Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.... regards ....

@srtools,

Why can't he post clickable links to a screenshot? Some of our forum members are going overboard with making up rules and demands... Relax. If it isn't malicious, I don't see why someone can't post a clickable link. Also, DanielHendrycks has a right to his opinion. You can disagree but don't heckle the guy with scriptures. His opinion was strictly related to the program's GUI and was not judging the program's effectiveness.

Hi DanielHendrycks! We welcome all your ideas & comments, Just to let you know we have a "Comments and Suggestions" forum where we would like to hear your ideas.. no need to post again.... and thanks for the kind words... Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.... regards ....

Can you move this thread to the correct forum?

Hello DanielHendrycks, Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Nice work you have done for a new look, it may appeal to the younger members, For me an old geezer I like the straight forward look thats being used at this time. :blink:

Put me in the old geezer category or is it simple is best:

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

Albert Einstein

Hi DanielHendrycks. Welcome to the MBAM forum.

Thanks for posting your ideas! You've put a lot of time and thought in. :blink: The MBAM staff are very receptive to ideas and suggestions, so feel free to offer any you have.

I personally prefer clean and simple, and "no frills, bells and whistles" myself, but each to their own. :D The main thing for me is that MBAM does an outstanding job, the support for using the product and dealing with malware is also outstanding, and the application is simple for a non-tech orientated person like me to navigate and use. Looks are not a priority for me, but each to their own for sure.

Also, I don't believe that non-malicious clickable links are against the rules, but I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.