Option to delete log files

Buddel

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.
In order to help us assist you to resolve your issue, please post or attach your latest AdwCleaner log files with your post. https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039021593

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

notify me.jpeg

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

mbst_get_started.jpg

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Sandor said:

That option is already exist.

Go to Settings, scroll down and press Uninstall button. This will delete all AdwCleaner folders including logs.

No, this option does not exist. I don't want to UNINSTALL AdwCleaner. I'm just looking for an option to delete old log files. If you click the REMOVE button, this will also delete the quarantine, but this is not what I want.

Not quite what you are asking for; but I have a (quick and dirty, no checks) batch file that I run daily to clear/clean various things with one double-click, Adw logs being one of them.

If you are familiar with writing batch files the relevant line from my batch is:

echo Clear AdwCleaner logs.
del /q C:\AdwCleaner\Logs\*.txt >nul 2>nul

Edited by nukecad

Thanks for your help, @nukecadYour batch file is a good workaround, but I still think it should be possible to get rid of old Adw log files with the help of Adw settings. It shouldn't be too hard to implement a user-friendly option that makes it possible to clear old Adw log files.

Edited by Buddel

What, aside from the logs, does using the uninstall function remove?  I ask because ADWCleaner is never actually 'installed' in the traditional sense as it is a portable application for the most part (with the exception of the logs, of course, which are left behind for future diagnostics/troubleshooting).  The application isn't intended as an on-demand scanner to use constantly the way that Malwarebytes free is, though of course you may do so if you choose to; it's primarily a portable utility to be used when you suspect your system may have PUPs/adware installed and logs are saved for the same reason FRST leaves behind its previous logs: for malware removal helpers on public forums.

Edited by exile360

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 9/12/2020 at 2:31 AM, exile360 said:

What, aside from the logs, does using the uninstall function remove? 

It removes the working directory (by default C:\AdwCleaner, but YMMV) only, as AdwCleaner doesn't use anything less than this working directory.

The ability to delete logfiles from the UI will come shortly 👍

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I suggest the following to reduce the number of logs BUT not delete all of them:

:: Reduce AdwCleaner Logs to 180 days (choose the number of days to retain)
:: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FORFILES /P "C:\AdwCleaner\Logs" /C "CMD /C DEL @path" /D -180 > NUL 2>&1

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 5:59 PM, jboursier said:

It removes the working directory (by default C:\AdwCleaner, but YMMV) only, as AdwCleaner doesn't use anything less than this working directory.

The ability to delete logfiles from the UI will come shortly 👍

With the release of v8.2 it is possible to delete logfiles directly from the UI. Thank you so much.😀

• Like 1