Java

FailMelon

20 minutes ago, FailMelon said:

I cannot malwarebytes is preventing me from doing anything with it even on the exclusion list.

Quit Malwarebytes from the system tray and then you should be able to find and zip the file. It is a hidden folder do you will have to enable hidden files.

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath_target_1874761593\javaw.exe

I have the same Problem.
Suddenly, on Wednesday, I think, Malwarebytes startet to block javaw.exe as ransomware.
I switched OFF ransomware scanning till Friday.
Switched ransomware scanning ON again on Friday and Malwarebytes wasn't interested anymore in javaw.exe.
I thought, "ok, they updated scanning patterns, it was a false positive".
This morning Malwarebytes blocked javaw.exe as ransomware again.
After I updated Java Runtime to the latest version, there is silence again. I hope, it stays that way.

My hope is gone.
At this moment Malwarebytes blocked javaw.exe again.
I think it is not the java runtime, that causes this.
I'm running a tool, that monitors outgoing and incoming phonecalls, which uses the java runtime.
But I'm using this tool for years, and there was no change or update within the last weeks.
I will have to disable ransomware protection again.

To all posting about the issue. Be sure your Java is up to the latest version. If you do not have any software that requires it, Just uninstall it as it is a security risk.

It is the weekend and researchers might not be available until Monday to fix it.

It would also help if all here can zip up the affected file after a restart and attach it here.

• Staff

Greetings, all affected customers in this topic. Could one or all of you please provide the logs as indicated below?

Can you please collect and upload as an attachment the diagnostic data using our MBST?

• Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  • Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thank you.

• Staff

Thanks for the logs @CatPasswd!

It's of course your choice, but adding an exclusion from Ransomware only for this executable would keep your system safer, and should address the issue.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath_target_130862359\javaw.exe

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479234-Add-to-the-Allow-List-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Our developers will be investigating this issue.

• 2 weeks later...