Error code 1073

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

Let me know if that fixes it. If you're running a different version fo Windows let me know as the locations of the files vary based on the version of Windows that you're running.

@ acooldozen You can try this again with some slight changes! Please read on (I know you have already done this) but it's been a cure for 2 other users:

Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php (wait 20 seconds -let the drivers settle)

Under the protection tab -- uncheck the box that says "start with Windows"

and don't click on the bar that enables the Protection Module,

Launch the Program, but uncheck [check for updates] See if you can do a quick scan please!

Thank you for your patience...Please post back with your results.

If the above works, Enable the Protection Module, and download the current updates.

Try another quick scan please!

Once again thank you for your time...Let us know how it went?

• Root Admin

The Volume Manager did not set up a logical volume device for the C:\ drive when the system was setup, and IOCTLs are directed to the disk device directly. I'm sorry but the Protection Module will not load on your system. Please send an email to corporate@malwarebytes.org and they'll be happy to refund your purchase.

Thank you.