Malwarebytes killing network & internet connection

I am currently running Malwarebytes Premium together with Vipre Cloud Security. I keep losing network connectivity (local network and internet) and the only way to restore the connection is to exit out of Malwarebyes or disable active protection. I have removed Vipre and the problem persists. I have run FRST and performed a clean install as well as repairs and the problem persists. I completely wiped the computer and did a clean install of Windows and as soon as the Malwarebytes is installed and active, the problem comes back randomly/intermittently. I then enabled the Beta option just to see if it resolves the issue, but the issues persists even in the latest Beta version.

I have 2 continuous pings running, one to the router and one to google.com... when I see "no replies", as soon as I disable the web protection (or exit Malwarebytes completely) I start getting replies again from both pings (connection restored). However, sometimes when I try to just disable the web protection, it doesn;t work as if malwarebytes is hanging. To be 100% sure, I would need to try it and monitor it continuously for some time.

Hi @TechnicalDifficulties,

Thanks for the report. We're aware of issues with network connectivity caused by Web Protection and are currently working on improvements to address these issues.

Is this machine in an IPv6 environment?

Until an update is released to address this issue, you will either need to keep Web Protection disabled or revert to an earlier version (download link).

18 minutes ago, LiquidTension said:

Note this is an earlier components package version. After installation, you will need to disable the two update settings found at the top of Settings -> General.

We'll post back once we've released a new update that we hope will address this issue.

Already done. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I've had the same thing happen since mid-March; server in a colocation environment. It's cost me 15-20 hours in troubleshooting time and several cancelled accounts to my business, because they couldn't connect to server because of network problems caused by Malwarebytes. But whatever . .

I've also had a problem (last five days) where the server reboots after doing a scan; lots of wasted time there as well. But fixed now by disabling "restart computer if needed . . ." in Scan Settings.

Anyway . . .

>> We'll post back once we've released a new update that we hope will address this issue.

I haven't seen a follow-up on this. Can we assume that there are still issues, and that in 4.1.0.56, we still need to have "Real Time Protection / Web Protection" disabled, in order to prevent network issues?

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue

12 minutes ago, CorpusProf said:

I've also had a problem (last five days) where the server reboots after doing a scan; lots of wasted time there as well. But fixed now by disabling "restart computer if needed . . ." in Scan Settings.

The regular version of Premium is not supported on any Server OS.

Could you confirm that is what Malwarebytes is installed on.