Version 4 crashing Windows 10

Hello,

After upgrading to the latest version and running a scan my Windows 10 had failed with a Bad Pooler error, after seeing this I've decided to replicate this behavior several times and the result was always the same, Windows 10 is crushing when running a analysis or having Malwarebytes on the system running.

I've runned also the support tools to try to resolve the issue but it didn't helped.

Attach you can find the logs after 2 fails and the logs after running the support tool to solve the issue and afterwards running a new scan that crushed once more my Windows 10 laptop.

Regards

mbst-grab-results-after2fails.zip mbst-grab-results-after3rdfailedwhenrunninganalysis.zip

Greetings,

If you would, please test to see if disabling Bitdefender temporarily makes any difference.  If it helps, then please try creating exclusions for Malwarebytes in Bitdefender by having Bitdefender exclude/ignore/trust the items listed in this support article and exclude Bitdefender's program folder (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) as well as Bitdefender's primary data folder (likely located under C:\ProgramData) by clicking on the Detection History item in the main dashboard and selecting Allow List then clicking the Add button then clicking on Allow a file or folder then choosing Select a folder and browsing to the location and selecting the folder to exclude and clicking Done.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issues still persist.

Thanks

Hi @cristian_n,

Could you clarify what you mean by "crushing"? Are you referring to heavy usage of system resources?
How do the blue screens tie into this? How often do these occur and what action(s) triggers the blue screen?

Could you zip up and provide us C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp please?

• Copy C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp to your Desktop.
  • Right-click MEMORY.dmp and click Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • Upload the zip file to a file hosting service of your choice and provide the download link.

10 hours ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

If you would, please test to see if disabling Bitdefender temporarily makes any difference.  If it helps, then please try creating exclusions for Malwarebytes in Bitdefender by having Bitdefender exclude/ignore/trust the items listed in this support article and exclude Bitdefender's program folder (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) as well as Bitdefender's primary data folder (likely located under C:\ProgramData) by clicking on the Detection History item in the main dashboard and selecting Allow List then clicking the Add button then clicking on Allow a file or folder then choosing Select a folder and browsing to the location and selecting the folder to exclude and clicking Done.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issues still persist.

Thanks

Hello,

After adding the exclusion the system seems to be ok.

Thank you,

Regards

8 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Hi @cristian_n,

Could you clarify what you mean by "crushing"? Are you referring to heavy usage of system resources?
How do the blue screens tie into this? How often do these occur and what action(s) triggers the blue screen?

Could you zip up and provide us C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp please?

• Copy C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp to your Desktop.
  • Right-click MEMORY.dmp and click Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • Upload the zip file to a file hosting service of your choice and provide the download link.

Hello,

By crushing I meant that when running a analysis of my pc the blue screen would have appeared with the error message Bad Pooler, but after adding the exclusion to my AV it seems to be working now.

Also I've looked at the resources when running the scan and saw that Malwarebytes is using the majority of the time 100% of my CPU,

Regards

Thanks for the information.

If possible, we'd appreciate if you could still carry out the earlier steps to provide the memory dump generated by the blue screen. This will help us determine the cause of the issue and whether a permanent fix is needed.

Also, could you let us know what type of scan you ran when the issue was occurring. Was this a normal Threat Scan or Custom Scan?

Edited by LiquidTension

• tetonbob changed the title to Version 4 crashing Windows 10