Incompatibility

DJDANY

As soon as I restarted the computer, it went back to work, with Avira tbm giving the msm error and only resolves when I disable the ransowmare protection module in Malwarebytes, but that's bad, because this module is what attracts me the most. In this new version of Malwarebytes, I would like to know if you can use Malwarebytes 4.0.4 Premium as the only antivirus or is it better to have an antivirus in conjunction with Malwarebytes?

You can use Malwarebytes alone if you wish to do so as it is considered a full AV replacement.  You can learn more about that in this post.

With that said, if you would still prefer to keep an additional layer of AV protection you may simply keep Windows Defender enabled that ships with Windows 8/8.1/10 or install Microsoft Security Essentials if using Windows 7.  Just be sure to open Malwarebytes and go to settings and disable the option to always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center under the Security tab of the settings (this way Windows Defender will not disable itself).

9 hours ago, exile360 said:

Você pode usar o Malwarebytes sozinho, se desejar, pois é considerado um substituto completo do AV. Você pode aprender mais sobre isso  neste post .

Dito isso, se você ainda preferir manter uma camada adicional de proteção antivírus, basta manter o Windows Defender ativado com o Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 ou instalar o Microsoft Security Essentials se estiver usando o Windows 7. Apenas abra o Malwarebytes e vá para configurações e desative a opção de registrar sempre o Malwarebytes na Central de Segurança do Windows, na guia Segurança das configurações (desta forma, o Windows Defender não será desativado).

ok ☺️

5 minutes ago, gicahagi said:

I just watched the video.  That test is total BS.  I saw several instances of 'Trojan.Vundo' listed among the detections/samples being used.  Vundo/Virtumonde/Monder hasn't even existed for around 10 years or more.  And of course, the method of just executing a folder filled with live samples is completely unrealistic and is not how malware infects systems at all, especially these days with the advent of technologies like UAC, modern web browsers and all the other inbuilt security technologies in Windows itself  as well as the actual methods that the bad guys use to infect systems that are being completely ignored/bypassed.  It's the same reason that testing a security product (any product, not just Malwarebytes, including a traditional AV) by scanning a folder full of samples isn't useful for validating the efficacy of a product in any way, because that's not how actual malware works and is completely different from the way that real malware in the wild actually gets into systems.

The test also bypassed web protection by pre downloading that "folder". Also in the real world no one will be bombarding the system with that much at one time. It does not give the heuristic cloud component a chance to react.

I also believe bypassing Windows 10 built in security measures is a crime in it self as well. 

Edited by Porthos

• 3 weeks later...