False Positive

Hello, and my compliments on the new and improved user interface. 

Here we have the Bandicam installer flagged as malware.  I didn't use the fp tracker because my security's rule flagged it as a PowerShell no-no. Thanks for your consideration.  PS:  I also got the alert from Action Center upon the Malwarebytes installation that Windows Defender was shut off.  Both MB and WD actually.  

mbam fp.txt

Hello @DowntownBrooklyn:

Thank you for your false positive report.

However, the FP attachment in your post #1 does not appear to be viable/available.

Please make an exception for the Malwarebytes FP Tracker Tool as it is digitally signed/verified and checks clean with Virus Total.  Also, the tool collects much more valuable customized data then was likely in your report.

Reference: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6de9363a5c8fa6abb88c8aa127d0de91c7608b05766985f364092ff88c949658/detection

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by 1PW

OK, the Bandicam executable was sent to you in a zipped format, nikhils.  Hopefully you receive it in its proper condition.

Also, I don't know whether this is reported previously, but when uninstalling Malwarebytes, a box appears that says "installed" instead of "uninstalled."  Anyway, thanks for the consideration!  

Spoiler

673242946_mbamuninstall.thumb.png.68225b8e76ed006f08dfcd89f08b8df8.png

Hey, thanks for removing the false detection for the Bandicam installer.  The scan is all clear now.  The Action Center warning that both MB and Defender are shut off PLUS the "Please wait while MB is installed"  box during uninstall are still present, of course.  Can we know the approximate eta for the new beta build?  Also, the Action Center notification, there isn't actually any disruption of Defender's real time, is there?  

On 8/31/2019 at 2:00 PM, DowntownBrooklyn said:

Hey, thanks for removing the false detection for the Bandicam installer.  The scan is all clear now.  The Action Center warning that both MB and Defender are shut off PLUS the "Please wait while MB is installed"  box during uninstall are still present, of course.  Can we know the approximate eta for the new beta build?  Also, the Action Center notification, there isn't actually any disruption of Defender's real time, is there?

Hi @DowntownBrooklyn,

We don't have any information to share yet on the release date of the next beta build.

The "Please wait while MB is installed" will be fixed in the next release.
Regarding the Windows Security Center message - this is expected during installation and uninstallation of the product due to the transition of Malwarebytes registering/unregistering with the Windows Security Center and Windows Defender being disabled/enabled.

If you do not wish for Windows Defender to remain disabled when Malwarebytes is installed, you can adjust the Windows Security Center settings in Malwarebytes.

• Open Malwarebytes.
  • Click Settings.
  • Click Security.
  • Scroll down to Windows Security Center.
  • Turn the setting off.