Pup optional legacy are dangerous ?!

I did a clean install of Windows after have mail.ru adware , I have cleaned that adware before the clean install   So I had think that I will be fine ... But for my suprise I ran the adwcleaner and they show me 6 pup legacy that never had installed on my computer and never had been on my browsers ... I ran malwarebytes too to conpare both and malwarebytes doesn't had detect anything ! 

So I cleaned the pup's with adwcleaner . Until now seems all good on my conputer , strange is was all good since I've clean install Windows , so I never had a suspecion that adwcleaner were really scan anything .

I will left on attachment the log , and please could someone tell if it was dangerous pup files and I can continue using safely my Windows after cleaning it ? I am really worried about my security on my Windows ... 

Thanks in advance 

AdwCleaner[S00].txt

Hello,

My name is Maurice.  I will be helping you here, on this case.

No, these tags are not dangerous.   There is no danger.

Furthermore, the classification is PUP.optional

PUP = potentially unwanted ( program)

but here it is not a program.

Also, Adwcleaner can be very quirky on this category of PUP.Optional.Legacy

There is no "danger".

I would just be sure to allow the Adwcleaner to clean these  ( if possible).

And also, by the way, these things are registry entries that have no payload & no files, either.

Cheers.

Thanks :) , I 've cleaned thath already , was the first thing I did . Was only worried because I had did a clean Windows install and never had that toolbars that are on these PuP's on my computer , had one mal.ru PUP and really had installed that by mistake that's why I made the clean install . So I was not understanding why adwcleaner detect that and why only the adwcleaner .

Hi.  You are welcome.

PUP are not malicious malware types.

You have said before, that Malwarebytes for Windows has reported nothing found.

See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera.

Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them".

also, if you use Chrome or Firefox browser, install the Malwarebytes beta browser extension.  There is one for Chrome & another for Firefox.

To get & install the Malwarebytes beta Chrome extension,

Open this link in your Chrome browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.

To get & install the Malwarebytes beta Firefox extension.

Open this link in your Firefox browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/malwarebytes/

Then proceed with the setup.

Finally, 

Look at the following Malwarebytes Blog article and scroll down to the section marked *Clear your browser's cache* 
and do that for each of your web browser programs.
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/puppum/2017/04/adware-the-series-part-1/

p.s.  IF you need anything else at this point, let me know.

Cheers,

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks