Can't active my license

Hi @Pathyon,

This issue is caused by Malwarebytes version 3.7's incompatibility with third-party LSPs. In your case, this specifically relates to the Transocks PC版 software you have installed.

Winsock: Catalog9 01 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp.dll [802816 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9 02 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp.dll [802816 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9 03 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp.dll [802816 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9 04 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp.dll [802816 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9 20 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp.dll [802816 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 01 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp64.dll [1015808 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 02 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp64.dll [1015808 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 03 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp64.dll [1015808 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 04 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp64.dll [1015808 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 20 C:\Users\Fenixnailo\AppData\Roaming\transocks\transockslsp64.dll [1015808 2018-10-30] (成都飞欧比网络科技有限公司)

We're working on a fix for this in an upcoming Malwarebytes program update. In the meantime, you can either uninstall the Transocks PC版 software and reboot or temporarily revert to the previous Malwarebytes version (3.6) using the following link: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/plo5hdm39who0lwld7j1y5e55rum8z33

Edited by LiquidTension

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 6:29 AM, LiquidTension said:

Absolutely. I'll respond to this topic once the update that addresses this issue is released.

I was a victim to this issue as well. Not sure what caused it, as I'm not aware of an 3rd party LSPs on my system. In either case, reverting back to V3.6 fixed my updating issues.

We are at the 1 month mark with this issue, and there has been nothing additional added to the thread. Can I assume that the problem has not yet been resolved, and that I should not attempt to update to the latest version?

8 hours ago, FeMaster said:

...... as I'm not aware of an 3rd party LSPs on my system. In either case, reverting back to V3.6 fixed my updating issues.     ...

Hi,

If you would run the Support tool report, we can determine whether or not this pc has 3rd party LSPs.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-1.4.0.615.exe to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hi,

If you would run the Support tool report, we can determine whether or not this pc has 3rd party LSPs.

Thank you.

I've run the tool and gathered the logs which I've attached. While running the tool, there was an error which I believe indicated that it could not save the HOST file, so I had the software just continue anyway.

After thinking about it, I do have ESET Internet Security installed, and I'm wondering if that is what falls under the LSP. In either case, log is attached.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Thank you for the support tool report.

The Malwarebytes for Windows is reported to be running as in Free mode ( not Premium).

Windows has some pending file rename operations , that need a Windows Restart.  Lets have you go ahead & close any open work, browsers, etc , and then Restart Windows.

Then let me know when that is complete.

This Windows system does appear to have a LSP entry for Nvidia NetworkAccessManager in the Windows Winsock.

I would not imagine that the Nvidia is one of those that are 'problematic'.

However, there was a log entry in Malwarebytes history, indicating "General network error"  back on May 16 when (perhaps) you may have been trying to activate the license.

Lets also do this, please, to get a Windows report.

Press & hold the Windows-flag-key on Keyboard & then tap the R key

type in

msinfo32

and tap Enter-key. This starts the Microsoft System Information tool.  Allow enough time for the applet to load and finish.

Look on first screen on the menu bar.
Select File > EXPORT ...
then provide a meaningful file name and save that.   Then also attach that files in a new reply so that  we can get that for review.

Thanks.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

My issue wasn't with activation, but my install was affected by the bug listed in this thread as I was unable to access the update server(s). This particular instance of Malware Bytes is just the free version. I have the premium version running on another PC, but that one is working fine.

I haven't tried doing any license activation on this PC. May 16th, I believe is the day I tried to run an update on Malware Bytes before doing a manual scan. At that time I was running version 3.7 and I kept getting an error that the software couldn't connect to verify my free license (or something similar to that), and also that it couldn't connect to the update server. It advised me to check my connection, which I verified was working fine. I also verified at that time that my ESET Firewall wasn't blocking the connection. Upon searching for a resolution I came across this thread. I replaced V3.7 with V3.6 and the updates started working again.

I've done the reboot since the report was made, and I've attached the System Info export as requested.

MS System Info.txt

1 hour ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Thank you for the MSINFO and your notes.

I understand that this machine is doing normal now that it was reverted to Malwarebytes version 3.6.1.2711

Correct, with 3.7 I couldn't update. Upon reverting back to 3.6 I could. If need be, I can reinstall 3.7 and run the support tool again, if that will help you gather any necessary information.

Thanks!

The mbst support file you last provided is sufficient.

Just stick with version 3.61.2711   .....until the next version is released.

Until then, turn off automatic application updates.  ( that is, version updates, so to avoid re-applying the vers 3.7.1.x

In Malwarebytes, click Settings button, & then on the Application tab,

for the line "Automatically download & install application component updates"....click that to OFF.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:36 AM, FeMaster said:

We are at the 1 month mark with this issue, and there has been nothing additional added to the thread. Can I assume that the problem has not yet been resolved, and that I should not attempt to update to the latest version?

The update that corrects this issue has yet to be released. As soon as it is, I'll post to this topic.

Thank you for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

This issue should be resolved by the new beta build of Malwarebytes, version 3.8.  You can learn more about it here.

If you decide you wish to give the beta a try then please open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and scroll to the bottom of the tab where it shows the option to enable beta updates and select the option to do so and click Yes at the confirmation prompt then scroll back to the top of the same tab and click on the Install Application Updates button and allow it to download and install the new build, allowing it to restart your system if prompted to do so once the installation completes, making sure that you save anything you were working on before you do.

If you do try the beta, please let us know if it resolved the issue you were experiencing or not.

Thanks