Help me remove streamfrenzy.com pop-ups

Jet222

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

If the problem persists IN CHROME and you Sync Chrome with other devices reset the Sync.

Read this article and proceed.

Chrome Secure Preferences detection always comes back
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/
<<<>>>

Let me know if the problem persists.

If I read you correctly I was seeing some add from the notifications on the bottom and  right side of some pages.

If I remember there was a setting wheel. I opened it  and was able to change the setting to  stop the notifications.

Next time you see an add click on the notice on the right of the task bar. You may be able to see the setting wheel.

Keep me posted.

Edited by nasdaq

After 3 days of no pop-ups, THEY'RE BACK!!!  I checked in settings and install.streamfrenzy.com is still in my BLOCKED category, where I moved it as per your instructions.  I checked under ALLOW and there is no "new" version of that name.  What now???

I don't know how to get to that page other than clicking on the setting wheel from the ad... and since I closed the last ad there isn't one open for me to click on at the moment.  So I don't remember what I clicked, but I think it was Block or Cancel.

I don't have Google Chrome installed.  Is this applicable?  Another popup just opened while I was in Slimjet browser.  I clicked the wheel and the streamfrenzy.com is already in my blocked list.  The only options from there is to Edit or Remove... but I think that's just removing it from the list of Blocked sites,  not removing the malware.

Hi,

Can you try this:

How do I revoke Web Push permissions for a specific site?

Web Push is always opt-in in Firefox. A site cannot send you push messages without your permission. To stop a specific site from sending you push messages:

1. Click the menu button Fx57Menu and choose Options.
  2. Select the Privacy & Security panel and go down to the Permissionssection.
  3. Click the Settings… button next to Notifications.
  4. Select the website.
  5. Click Remove Website.

To stop all sites from sending you push messages, follow the above steps except, instead of selecting a specific site, click Remove All Websites. Websites will not be able to send you messages and will need to ask your permission to send them in the future.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox

Edited by TwinHeadedEagle

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks