Component Package 1.0.391 - UI font size now too big

Greetings,

It looks like the new build has altered its appearance based on your DPI settings.  What is your screen resolution and DPI set to?

If you aren't sure, you can run the following tool and it will provide us with a log that shows it:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced Options on the main page (not Get Started)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks, here's what the logs show for your display settings:

Display Settings

==================================
Screen Resolution:    3240 X 2160
Screen Orientation:    landscape
DPI:            192 X 192
Custom Scaling:        200 X 200

I'm guessing it's either the scaling or the DPI that's causing it to show up this way.  I'll let the Product team know so that they can investigate and hopefully get the issue fixed.

Many thanks.

I believe all the display settings are the default Windows 10 settings as they were on installation. I don't think anything has been changed from that. I guess that other Surface Book users would be similarly affected.

Edited by Chris_in_Makati

Yep, because of the higher/wider resolution of the screen, Windows adjusts the DPI and scaling settings automatically to make text more readable.  The Devs will need to account for this to make sure the text in the UI doesn't scale up so much so that it doesn't end up looking weird like this.  It shouldn't be too difficult as the software they use for the UI (QT) is pretty flexible.

I noticed the same thing on my Surface 4

Display Settings
Screen Resolution: 2736 X 1824
Screen Orientation: landscape
DPI:   192 X 192
Custom Scaling:  200 X 200

Image below is at first launch

436714561_mb3gui1.JPG.339570ed3ae36a0cc0b775c968dcfab9.JPG

Stretching the window helps for the most part...

88474104_mb3gui2.thumb.JPG.f4d71c5204ab2f75ed91ba7bd99069f1.JPG

3 hours ago, Firefox said:

I noticed the same thing on my Surface 4

Display Settings
Screen Resolution: 2736 X 1824
Screen Orientation: landscape
DPI:   192 X 192
Custom Scaling:  200 X 200

Image below is at first launch

Stretching the window helps for the most part...

Stretching the window works for me to a certain extent, but it still looks quite weird. Also, the stretched window size isn't saved through reboots.

Thanks for the info.  I'm betting it does this on any screen with a higher than typical DPI/scaling (i.e. above 100%~120% which is what Windows defaults to at 1080P and lower resolutions).  Assuming the Quality Assurance team has any high res screens/systems, they should have no trouble replicating and testing this in the future; something that's especially important now that 4K is gradually becoming the standard for many systems/monitors (especially for gaming and video).