On line protection

14 minutes ago, Malur said:

Real-Time protection is refusing to switch on.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop. Tell any program that blocks it to ignore or allow. It IS SAFE. It contains no info that can identify or harm you.
  3. NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  4. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  5. Press the "Scan" button
  6. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  7. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  8. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  9. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  10. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  11. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

12 hours ago, Porthos said:

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop. Tell any program that blocks it to ignore or allow. It IS SAFE. It contains no info that can identify or harm you.
  3. NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  4. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  5. Press the "Scan" button
  6. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  7. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  8. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  9. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  10. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  11. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank you for your response and time taken to do so HOWEVER I am not computer literate so the above is not an option.     My problem is exactly the same as that experienced earlier in the year when numerous people complained about the exact same thing...you put a reply on the forum then so no doubt you will remember it.    I can scan without a problem but the online protection refuses to stay on.    I have checked for updates and they are 'current'.

@Malur unfortunately without these logs, we won't be able to provide much support. If the above steps are too much, perhaps you could try just the following few steps to give us something to work off of?

1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  4. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

That's what we needed, thanks. Can you please try the following:

1. Open Malwarebytes
  2. Navigate to Settings -> Protection
  3. Scroll down and turn on the option for Delay Real-Time Protection when Malwarebytes starts
  4. You can leave the option at 15 seconds below that
  5. Restart
  6. Then wait 5 minutes and see if Web Protection works properly

Hello @Malur

Can you please try adding Malwarebytes Exclusions to Avast.

Please add the following Malwarebytes files to Avast Exclusions:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Also add Avast program folder to Malwarebytes' exclusions

Can you please try this and let us know if that helps.

Thank you for your response.    As I said previously I am not computer literate but will do my best.    I have copied and pasted everything up to the Avast program folder because I am not sure exactly what this is.   Is it the complete  Avast 112 MB folder?

3 minutes ago, LFPS said:

I also copied the entire Avast folder as I couldn't find anything else.  I will see if it works.

The thing is that you need to tell Avast to exclude Malwarebytes. That is the hard part because we do not have screenshots and instructions to provide for every AV program out there.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The thing is that you need to tell Avast to exclude Malwarebytes. That is the hard part because we do not have screenshots and instructions to provide for every AV program out there.

Still doesn't work.  I am not computer literate enough to fix this problem.  Perhaps I will just give up and stop paying for the premium malwarebytes.  Thanks for trying.  

15 minutes ago, LFPS said:

When I look into the Avast folder there is no exclusion file.  The files are "greek" to me.  

Global Whitelist – Exclude Specific Folder/File/Program/Application from All Avast Scans

If you want to add the exception for the specific website, domain, or URL from being scanned by Avast, follow these steps. This is so-called Global Whitelist or Exclusion List.

1. Open the Avast user interface and go to ‘Settings‘ » ‘General
  2. Find the tab ‘Exclusions‘ and add specific programs to the ‘File paths‘ tab
  3. Added applications and/or paths will now be excluded from any Avast scanning

avast-2017-global-file-exclusions.jpg

On the screenshot above you can see that application ‘FileZilla FTP Client‘ and ‘DAEMON Tools Lite‘ are excluded. Such exceptions also apply to all sub-folders on these folders as we have used ‘/*’ in the path.

Edited by Porthos

Thank you for trying.    Like the posters above, computers are a mystery to me so trying to comply with the instructions here sets up a 'panic' time.    I have to say if things go wrong with something I am paying for I do not expect to have to fix it myself especially when my payment is also paying for support.   I appreciate the time you are taking and thank you.     I have checked my Advast settings and it is excluding C\:Program Files\Malwarebytes\*.      Not sure if this is what you are wanting but in any event the problem remains.   My Malware exclusions are C\:Program Files\AVAST Software  ( a folder) and C\:Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\A...  (Application Web Process).

1 minute ago, Malur said:

Indeed I am.

You also need to add these to Avast exclusions as well. Each individual one do not exclude a folder this time.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

1 minute ago, Malur said:

I assumed your support would be by an employee .

You were being assisted by 2 different employees as well in this thread.

Thank you for your response but I now give up.    You are aware that my knowledge of computers is extremely limited and yet I am being asked to exclude more and more things from the Malwarebytes program...something which is beyond my limited knowledge and indeed puzzles me since the program worked perfectly well prior to when I first asked for help.    I am deleting Malwarebytes and halting my subscription and will forward details of all the 'support' I have received as high up your management chain as possible.     Thank you again for trying.   I appreciate that may feel you have been bashing your heads against a brick wall trying to help someone with my limited knowledge but there you go....the ad for Malwarebytes fails to mention that a knowledge of computer workings is advisable in case something goes wrong...perhaps it should.