No MB right click available.

Hello, I'm unable to create a right click option. It's turned on in the program and I turned it off and on to see whether that would sort it but it did not. I've downloaded an unsigned .exe file and don't want to run it before scanning with MB even though it checks out alright with Total Defense AV. It seems I can only configure MB scans by drives and cannot further navigate to individual files. is that the way MB is or can it be configured to refine scans?

May I have suggestions please?

No MB right click option.jpg

Greetings :)

Chances are it has been disabled via a function built into the Windows registry that enables you to turn context menu functions off so that they aren't displayed when you right-click.  You can check and re-enable it if disabled via ShellExView by Nir Sofer.

Download the version appropriate to your build of Windows from one of the below links:

Once downloaded, extract it to its own folder and run the shexview.exe and click Yes if prompted by User Account Control.  Once it has completed scanning your system, scroll down the list until you find the first entry for Malwarebytes.  Check the Disabled column entry for it and if it says Yes, then right click on it and select Enable Selected Items then continue to scroll down the list until you come to the next entry for Malwarebytes and do the same until all of them have been enabled so that each of them says No in the Disabled column.

Once that's complete, open Malwarebytes and access the Settings>Application tab and toggle the Show Malwarebytes options in Windows Explorer setting off then on again and then right-click on a file or folder to verify that it now shows up as it should.

Edited by exile360

28 minutes ago, chooki said:

I've attached mb-check-results.zip

MISSING FILE!: MBSHLEXT.DLL

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product .

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed. If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.