Can't Uninstall Menu Bar Notifications

Hi - Even after uninstalling the software, I can't get the Malware bites icon out of my menu bar on my macbook (see attachment). I also get frequent software update reminders but I installed the software several weeks ago. I've tried restarting my computer, looking at what programs have permission to start when I login, and also clicking the icon and going to 'settings'. When I click settings, I get a macbook notification "There is no application set to open the URL com.malwarebytes.mbam://settings"

Thank you in advance for your help!

Screen-Shot-2017-11-26-at-3.37.46-PM.jpg

What version were you running and how did you go about uninstalling it?

There was an uninstaller included with the Malwarebytes.dmg for earlier versions but for the latest version you need to choose "Uninstall Malwarebytes" from the Malwarebytes app Help menu. You may need to reinstall version 3.1.1.505 and uninstall it properly in order to get rid of the menubar icon.

I suspect the staff would be interested in knowing the reason(s) you uninstalled.

• 9 months later...
  • treed locked this topic