Real-Time Web Protection Won't Start in MB Premium 3.2.2

This appears to be a fairly widespread problem among users of Malwarebytes Premium, irrespective of which version they're using. In the Version 3.2.2 that I have loaded on my computer, it's the same old problem: The Real-Time Web protection feature will not start. 

This problem cropped up after I updated to the latest version of Windows 10. In addition to Malwarebytes, I have AVG Internet Security Version 17.7.3032 and Webroot SecureAnywhere Version 9.0.18.38, as well as the built-in Windows Defender Antivirus. I am well aware of the fact that many computer experts say one should not have more than one anti-virus or anti-malware software package on their computer, but it's a well-known fact that no single program can stop every single virus or malware or ransomware.

Moreover, my computer -- a Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet -- is connected to the Internet at home by an open (unsecured) Wi-Fi hotspot (Comcast), thus it's foolish, in my opinion, to have only one AV program.

That said, I'm wondering if my problem is being caused by a conflict between Malwarebytes and AVG. I had to uninstall both Malwarebytes and Webroot in order to get AVG -- which I selected as my computer's primary security program -- fully functional before reinstalling them (Windows Defender, consequently, operates in passive mode). 

In any case, does Malwarebytes have a solution to this problem -- which seems to be quite widespread?

Couple of things can be done if the Web protection is not starting:

1. Reboot your machine.

OR

2. Right click on the Malwarebytes system tray icon and click on "Quit Malwarebytes" and double click on the desktop shortcut to start the program again.

We are aware of an issue with Web protection failing or not starting correctly and our next program update should fix that issue.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank You,

Firefox

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, Firefox said:

PROBLEM SOLVED! Turns out that my copy of Webroot SecureAnywhere was the culprit. It prevented not only Malwarebytes form activating its Real-Time Web Protection, it also prevented my copy of AVG Internet Security -- my computer's primary security software suite -- from full functionality.

So, reluctantly, I uninstalled Webroot. Sure enough, after I restarted my computer, both AVG and Malwarebytes regained full functionality. I then reinstalled Webroot so that it now functions as a secondary security suite, bumping the built-in Windows Defender Antivirus to passive mode (AVG is now the primary firewall, as I intended it to be).

Edited by SkeeterVT