IP Protection not loading / can't activate

Just did the update to 1.40. Upon reboot, the IP protection does not load, and I am unable to start it from the tray icon.

OS is XP Home SP3 with all updates installed (32-bit)

AV is Avast! Home

Contents of the MBAM log file:

00:59:07 vvv MESSAGE Protection started successfully

00:59:07 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfBindInterfaceToIPAddress failed with error code 87

00:59:28 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

00:59:35 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

00:59:42 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

01:00:55 vvv MESSAGE Database updated successfully

01:06:26 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

01:09:08 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

22:22:20 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

22:28:20 vvv MESSAGE Protection started successfully

22:28:21 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfBindInterfaceToIPAddress failed with error code 87

22:28:52 vvv ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

Thanks in advance for any help!

IP Protection wouldn't start on one of my computers. I tried turning off "Start with Windows" on the protection page. When I started Mbam protection after rebooting the PC, IP Protection was checked. I was also able to turn it off and back on. I even know it works as I got the pop-up on a site that I visit. I've been looking at startup delay utilities so that I don't have to remember to manually start MBAM Protection every time I start the computer.

Here's the thread on my issue: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20752

Here's information on startup delay utilities: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21073

Hope this helps.

IP Protection wouldn't start on one of my computers. I tried turning off "Start with Windows" on the protection page. When I started Mbam protection after rebooting the PC, IP Protection was checked. I was also able to turn it off and back on. I even know it works as I got the pop-up on a site that I visit. I've been looking at startup delay utilities so that I don't have to remember to manually start MBAM Protection every time I start the computer.

Here's the thread on my issue: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20752

Here's information on startup delay utilities: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21073

Hope this helps.

Actually, I've used Startup Faster! from URSoftware for over a year on both my machines...it stuck MBAM pretty much in the middle of the load sequence, manually set it to load MBAM first and last, no effect.

Actually, I've used Startup Faster! from URSoftware for over a year on both my machines...it stuck MBAM pretty much in the middle of the load sequence, manually set it to load MBAM first and last, no effect.

Does the application you have delay the start up (by a variable amount of time) or just set the sequence? Try turning "Start with Windows" off and see if manually starting the protection feature after everything else is running makes any difference. If not your problem is different from mine.