Is this a fake Malwarebytes Notification?

Hi,

I am suspicious of a notification on my Win10 PC which purports to be from Malwarebytes and advises me there is a great new free version of Malwarebytes available with a button to click to download it. It looks legit except the font is orange and as far as I know, Malwarebytes updates automatically without notification. Also, when I go into Malwarebytes and see if updates are available, it tells me all is up to date. Foolishly, the first time it appeared, I was not really concentrating and I clicked on it. Heavens knows what this may have done. 

Is it by any chance legitimate or do I have another infection? 

Regards

Alistair

Hello and Welcome...

Without seeing a screen shot of the actual popup, I can tell you for certainty if its 100% legit.

That being said, more than likely it is legit.  Current version is 3.1.2, so if you are not on that version, then that explains why you got the notification...

6 hours ago, Alistair said:

Malwarebytes updates automatically without notification. Also, when I go into Malwarebytes and see if updates are available, it tells me all is up to date.

Depending on what sort of update it is, some updates (CU, and definition) are automatic, but Program updates require user intervention.

Thanks Telos and Firefox for your responses and apologies for the paucity of I information provided in my original post. Unfortunately I did not get a screen shot of the notification. It came and went before I had the presence of mind to print the screen. The version I am currently on is Malwarebytes Premium 3.0.6. So I am going to go ahead and manually update to 3.1.2 under advice from FIrefox. It is starting to sound like it may well be legit which is a huge relief. 

Regards

Alistair 

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, TruckerMark said:

A legitimate-looking update page for Malwarebytes running Windows 10 and Firefox 57. 

1. Download the latest MB 3 installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3
    2. Run the installer on top of your existing product. (Note you don't have to uninstall anything, just run the installer again)