Protection module lockup issues with Mcafee 8.7i

I can 2nd what GT wrote because where I work, the SC Dept of Education, we are still running SP2 and I haven't heard anything that remotely sounded like we were going to deploy SP3 in the foreseeable future. SP3 breaks things like Checkpoint EPS, an A/V, A/S, and firewall client rolled into one.

yes updating in a corporate situation it is sometimes hard to update right away. For example if I upgrade to the new IE8, our web applications stop working. They will work all the way up to IE7 but not IE8. Something is different in IE8 that will not allow our web apps to run. So we are stuck staying in IE7 or lower until our web apps get re-written to work with version 8. These same things apply to service packs.

Sorry to be butting in here but wow, that really really stinks! :/ Security risks ala'mode.

Too bad something can't be done about the incompatibility issues here... :/ urk

In a corporate situation you often cannot upgrade Service Packs for an extended period of time because of software incompatibilities. Yes, that is a huge security risk, but since most custom made software for corporate use is not tested on anything other than the Service Pack that the company that ordered the software uses it's almost never compatible with other Service Packs.

I guess whatmeworry? would rather struggle along for 2 months and complain than take advantage of SP3's performance enhancements?

Might make McAfee work better but the only cure for that is more RAM and a faster CPU.

Just to set the record straight, I have not been struggling, nor have I been complaining about my computer's performance. The problem I've written about here has to do with an apparent incompatibility between McAfee Enterprise AV and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Pro. This problem surfaces on computers running SP3 as well as SP2. The incompatibility is not a major problem for me, since I can still run scans with MBAM and even manually re-set the Protection Module. However, like a number of other people on this forum, I'm hoping that the problem can be cured, and I'm very pleased that Malwarebytes is working to make this happen.

• 2 weeks later...