Poor treatment

I have a love-hate relationship with Malwarebytes. They have brought out a new version but give no path to an upgrade. I spoke to a support person and was told to cancel my current subscription and buy a new one. What they didn't tell me is that I get no credit for my exisiting subscription. Essentially they bring out a better product and tell me "too bad you can't get it".

Also I have found that using even their own product ADWCleaner, I find multiple web problems that I was not protected from.

Never mind that I can't do backups with the product.

How do they continue to act like this, it's like they say "yes, we know our last product sucked but try the new one at full price.

5 minutes ago, RTurnock said:

They have brought out a new version but give no path to an upgrade.

I don't know who replied to you but this is what I would do. I would follow the instructions in the 2 following posts. Please make note of your key and deactivate it before following the instructions

I will ask @celee to contact you about your experience with support.

• Administrators

Hi @RTurnock,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was out of town.

I was able to locate your support ticket and I apologize for the incorrect info that you received from our support team and from Cleverbridge.

You absolutely can upgrade from whatever previous version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware you had to the new Malwarebytes 3.0 without having to pay anything extra. You do not need to purchase any additional licenses to upgrade. Your subscription can be used on the new Malwarebytes 3.0 as long as it's active.

There are typically two ways to upgrade. You can always manual upgrade by going to our website and downloading the latest version on top whatever version you are currently running (here's how: https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2679359-how-do-i-upgrade-to-the-latest-version-of-malwarebytes-3-0-?b_id=15026 and https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2652951-how-do-i-migrate-from-malwarebytes-anti-malware-or-anti-exploit-to-malwarebytes-3-0-?b_id=15026). Or you can wait to be prompt to upgrade with the in-product notification. Please note that we do our in-product notifications in waves so not everyone will get prompted to update at the same time.

I'll let our support team manager know about your experience so we can correct this in the future.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you've experience.

Please do not hesitate to reach out here on the forum again if I can help you with anything.

Thanks,
Cecile

Edit: I've reached out to @fr33tux to help with your AdwCleaner issue.

Edited by celee

• Staff

Hello,

In addition to @celee post:

On 4/6/2017 at 3:21 PM, RTurnock said:

Also I have found that using even their own product ADWCleaner, I find multiple web problems that I was not protected from.

AdwCleaner doesn't protect like MB does, it only remediates. Still, I'd like to know which threats have been missed if you want to help.

Thanks!