Updates not working

2 hours ago, NissanPower said:

MBAM Staff, I don't thing you want 100 new topics about this, so I'm just going to add my "Me too" here.

Actually they do. Every computer is different even though they seem to have the same problem.

Did you click restart or did you click shutdown and turn it back on.

Edited by Porthos

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

There were issues with the update servers that should be fixed by now. 

If you have not already exit malwarebytes from the system tray and then restart your computer by clicking start and choose restart.

I've done exactly that; just now for the 3rd time today (to see if anything has changed) and still stuck at 'updates are not current'
This is only on my 3.0.6 Premium.

I just checked my 2 other computers that still have version 2.2.1 free edition and after 3 to 5 minutes of 'checking for updates' the database did update to the latest database.

2 hours ago, celee said:

Hi everyone,

Please try the following to resolve the update issue:

If you are still having trouble after completing the above, please contact our support team here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

Thanks,
Cecile

I have update package 1.0.1570, and as above, have exited MBAM, then rebooted... still stuck... just like a dozen others that have posted here :\
I think I'll just roll back to V 2.2.1 and wait for V3 .1

• Root Admin

Hello @NissanPower

Before we go the route of having you run a bunch of scans and logs let me have you try a clean removal and reinstall of the program.

Please read the following topic and then run the Malwarebytes Clean Removal tool mb-clean

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/196955-malwarebytes-mb-clean-tool/

The download link for the tool is:  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

Restart the computer when done and reinstall Malwarebytes 3 with the latest build again.

Here is the link for the latest installer

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/

Let me know if that corrects the issue or not and we'll go from there as needed.

Thank you

Ron

9 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Before we go the route of having you run a bunch of scans and logs let me have you try a clean removal and reinstall of the program.

Please read the following topic and then run the Malwarebytes Clean Removal tool mb-clean

Hi Ron, Thanks for the info. I have a few busy days, so I'll get to all that when I have a chance, then get back to you, but it might not be until Monday.
Thanks and have a Great Weekend :-)

OK, my client was late so I was working on this.
Fully uninstalled, rebooted, installed latest version as instructed. All went well.
Tried to activate my license and it says I don't have an internet connection.... uhmmm... yes I do...
Looked over a few things (including HOSTS file) and everything looked good.
Tried to activate again and it told me I have a bad key.  I was using the new key number that MBAM3 shows; as it was different than my original Key for version 2.
Tried using my original key and same results... (BTW, I have had my license key verified by the help desk in the past, because my MBAM was already installed on this computer when I bought it (used business computer) and wanted to make sure it was a good license )

Clean uninstalled again, rebooted, reinstalled MBAM 2.2.1 and put in my original Key and all works well again.

So, as I said yesterday, I am going to stick with 2.2.1 until the rest of the bugs get ironed out with MBAM 3.

Thanks for your assistance Ron.

• Root Admin

Well, it's up to you @NissanPower but there is no known issue I'm aware of resulting in the issue you're experiencing with licensing. My suggestion would be to allow me to help you get it fully licensed and operational. Windows XP is already not supported by Microsoft, so having better protection on the system would seem prudent. Our version 3.x is a much more capable program of protecting your Windows XP computer than our 2.x product as the 3.x adds other programs, methods of protection.

Thanks again

Ron

I'm not running WinXP anymore... but I can't change my signature unless I have 50 posts or something stupid.
This computer runs Win7 Enterprise edition.

None-the-less, I just don't have the time to get into it right now; so it's something I will look at when I have the time.
I have 2.2.1 protecting me again, so I feel better than before with 3.0.6 not updating the database.
I'll be back another time when I have time to go through everything with you.
Or would I be better contacting the Help Desk again, since it is a licensing issue?

• Root Admin

I can work with you if needed as I can contact the Helpdesk directly too for you. But in any case, yes, please come back when you have more time and we'll get you fixed up.

I'll go ahead and close your topic now and you can open a new one or work with the Helpdesk if you like.

Cheers

Ron

Edited by AdvancedSetup