Malwarebytes Unable to check for updates

I have exactly the same problem.

Uninstalled, reinstalled slightly newer update and nothing different.

Left my PC on all night to see if it would eventually update and by morning it still hadn't.

This is the ONLY problem I have ever had with malwarebytes. I purchased mine about 8 years back.Still have the original disc and the envelop it came in.

It is disappointing because I have a browser hijack since yesterday I want to get rid of but it won't scan because it is trying to update and never does. I trust you see my position.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:13 AM, dcollins said:

There were some issues with our update servers, have you been able to update since your post?

I have not been able to update at all.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:46 AM, dcollins said:

Please provide the logs requested here: 

Here are all the logs requested.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

logs.zip

MB-CheckResult.txt

30 minutes ago, TechGuyAnthony said:

I have not been able to update at all.

Here are all the logs requested.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

logs.zip

MB-CheckResult.txt

Please reset your hosts file with the instructions here And reboot and try to update again please.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-can-i-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default

Edited by Porthos

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @TechGuyAnthony

Since your last post on March 25th, we have released a new build for MB 3.0.6 CU4.1

This build has a lot of fixes for some of the outstanding issues seen with CU 1.75 and older.

Please check the following 2 posts . One is about the latest build while the other specifically talks about your issue of Not being able to update.

If you are still seeing issues, please add logs.

Thank you,

6 hours ago, MobileComputerWizard said:

Same issue, 5 machines running 3.0.6 and all of them not able to consider themselves updated.  I did the mb-clean on all of them and they all have been updated to the newest version.  They still show in the dashboard as not being up to date.