Some Java files have no details and will not go away

problems

I have these three files in the path mentioned below.

They do not show any details and they can not be deleted.

I have uninstalled Java, but these will not go away.

Can someone please help?  While the ID is different for all three, the CodeBase is same.

================================

The path is: This PC > OS (C) > Windows > Downloaded Program Files (these re the only 3 files there)

Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0
Type: ActiveX Control

Created: None

Last Accessed: None

Total Size: None (None)

ID: {CAFEEFAC-0017-0000-0055-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
ID: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
ID: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93}

CodeBase: http://java.sun.com/update/1.7.0/jinstall-1_7_0_55-windows-i586.cab

================================

Since they have no details, I assume they are useless or worse.

When I wanted to attache them to this thread, I could see nothing in the folder!!

Appreciate help.

Thanks.

:welcome:, @problems:

There are some specialized Java Removal tools, such as JavaRa, that might help to remove the Java leftovers.

But perhaps it might help to see a bit of basic system diagnostic information.
I suggest that you please follow the steps here: Assistance obtaining computer system information
Then, please ATTACH all 3 diagnostic logs to your next reply.  The logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt

Thanks,

Hi, @problems:

We could better assist you if we could see a bit more detail about the system.

If you still need help with this, please follow the steps here: Assistance obtaining computer system information

Then, please ATTACH all 3 logs to your next reply in this thread.

We'll go from there.

Thanks,

@fredvries: Thanks very much for the timely and important update about JavaRa and the new removal tool. Much appreciated.

@problems, thank you for joining the Malwarebytes Forum Community!! Glad to have you hear and it looks like you are on the road to getting an answer to your particular issue.

With that being said, I also wanted to let you know that I moved your topic to the General Windows PC Help area of the Forums.

Again, welcome to our forums!!

• Root Admin

Even though Fred and Shane no longer code updates for the program it should still run and remove stuff found that I'm sure Java themselves are not looking for to remove. Java digs in like a tick.

If you're running Windows 10 then it might not work and has never been tested on Windows 10. Please create a new Restore Point before running.

Please go into Control Panel, Add/Remove and uninstall ALL versions of Java and then run the following.

Please download JavaRa-1.16 and save it to your computer.

• Double click to open the zip file and then select all and choose Copy.
  • Create a new folder on your Desktop named RemoveJava and paste the files into this new folder.
  • Quit all browsers and other running applications.
  • Right-click on JavaRa.exe in RemoveJava folder and choose Run as administrator to start the program.
  • From the drop-down menu, choose English and click on Select.
  • JavaRa will open; click on Remove Older Versions to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
  • Click Yes when prompted. When JavaRa is done, a notice will appear that a logfile has been produced. Click OK.
  • A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location and post it in your next reply.

Next:

Please Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Download TFC from here and save it to your desktop.
  • http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
  • Close any open programs and Internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it on XP (for Vista and Windows 7 right click and choose "Run as administrator") and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.