Anti Exploit

kylesgranma

Hi @kylesgranma, welcome to the Malwarebytes Forums!!

Just letting you know I moved your topic to the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Support section of the forums.

The above postings should help you get your issue resolved. If not, please come back and provide more details like Firefox stated so we can get your taken care of.

Again, thanks for joining our community!!

You should see a little arrow on the task bar, see if it is in that box.

If you are running Windows 10, there are other places to "show what icons show on the task bar".

Edited by KenW

Well I think I figured out my problem. I only have Malwarebytes installed. Not anti exploit. On my windows 7 computer, a little fly-out came up offering anti exploit,when I had malwarebytes scan my computer. I figured the same would happen with windows 10. I guess I will need to download the anti exploit first. So far I have not found a link for the free version

Hi, @kylesgranma:

Until the others return....

That explains the mystery!  It looks as if @Firefox had the right idea back in reply #3.:D Yes, MBAM and MBAE are separate programs and must be installed separately.

The MBAE installer (a.k.a. "setup" file) is the same for all 3 versions of MBAE (Free, Trial and Premium).

It may be downloaded HERE.  Just download it and save it somewhere, e.g. on your desktop.
Then, this KB article shows how to install MBAE: How do I install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit?

During the setup wizard, you will be offered a 14-day Trial version by default.  If you do not want the Trial and you only want the Free version, please just un-tick (de-select) that option when you see it.  Then you will have MBAE Free. (Alas, I cannot find my screen shot showing the Trial option, but it's pretty clear in the wizard.)

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thank you,

Hi:

9 minutes ago, kylesgranma said:

Thank you so much for the links, however the link for the exploit does not work.The download shows 0 bytes and just sits there and runs. Never downloads anything,never changes. The instructional video works great.

Hmm, that's odd. I have tested the download link under both Firefox and IE and it works just fine.

It sounds as if something on your computer is blocking the download -- perhaps a security setting/add-on in your browser, or  perhaps your antivirus/firewall.

Please tell us:

• What browser are you using (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, Opera, etc.)?
  • What version of that browser (e.g. Firefox 48.0.2, IE 11, etc.)?

Thank you,

Hi:

That's great news!

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Is MBAE Free installed and running now?

If you need more help with MBAE, please let us know.

If you would like a bit of help troubleshooting your Firefox browser issues, since that is your primary browser, I suggest starting with the steps outlined here:

Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems

It may be as simple as clearing the history/cache/cookies, or it might be more complicated.  But that tutorial is a good starting point.

If you do end up needing more help with Firefox, the forum mod team might split off this portion of the thread to a new separate topic in the PC Help sub-forum. No worries, though.

Thanks again,