MBAM won't open

I recently downloaded the MBAM free 14-days trial version. A few days later my computer got stuck in an automatic repair loop, so I had to reset it. I tried to download MBAM again, and now it won't open. There's an orange warning tirangle next on the tray icon, but it won't say what the problem is. It simply doesn't respond.

I tried a clean removal/reinstall as detailed here, but the problem persists. What else can I do to solve it (I removed MBAM again, so right now there shouldn't be any traces of it on my computer)?

Thanks.

Update: my computer spent 8 hours (!!) installing windows updates. When it was finally back up, I downloaded the MBAM premium trial version again, and this time it opened and scanned successfully. However, when I tried to restart my computer after the threat removal, it got stuck a few times before it worked, and the MBAM tray icon still has an orange warning triangle.

I'm not sure if there's still a problem or not - but in any case, I can't attach any files to my comment for some reason. Would pastebins suffice?

Hello symph:

Thank you for the good news update.

Please check out your system more.  If any follow-up help is required perhaps this forum's upload issue will be resolved by then and this topic shall remain open.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

The computer is actually experiencing multiple issues. It's possible it may be due to software conflict or possibly McAfee locked down so tight it's not letting normal processes run.

MBAM crashed as well as multiple other items so those need to get fixed in order for the system to work properly.

System errors:
=============
Error: (04/11/2016 08:43:05 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7034) (User: )
Description: ‏‏השירות Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Zero Configuration Service הסתיים באופן בלתי צפוי. אירוע זה התרחש בפעם ה- 1.

Error: (04/11/2016 08:40:51 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7023) (User: )
Description: ‏‏שירות ה- Security Center הפסיק עם השגיאה הבאה: 
%%1747

Error: (04/11/2016 07:56:47 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: ‏‏ההתקנה נכשלה: Windows נכשל בהתקנת העדכון הבא עם שגיאה 0x80070057: Microsoft.ZuneMusic.

Error: (04/11/2016 07:37:34 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog) (EventID: 30) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The event logging service encountered an error (5) while enabling publisher {0BF2FB94-7B60-4B4D-9766-E82F658DF540} to channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-ShimEngine/Operational. This does not affect channel operation, but does affect the ability of the publisher to raise events to the channel. One common reason for this error is that the Provider is using ETW Provider Security and has not granted enable permissions to the Event Log service identity.

Error: (04/11/2016 07:37:26 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog) (EventID: 30) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The event logging service encountered an error (5) while enabling publisher {0BF2FB94-7B60-4B4D-9766-E82F658DF540} to channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-ShimEngine/Operational. This does not affect channel operation, but does affect the ability of the publisher to raise events to the channel. One common reason for this error is that the Provider is using ETW Provider Security and has not granted enable permissions to the Event Log service identity.

Error: (04/11/2016 07:32:29 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7023) (User: )
Description: ‏‏שירות ה- Superfetch הפסיק עם השגיאה הבאה: 
%%1062

Error: (04/11/2016 07:10:07 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: ‏‏ההתקנה נכשלה: Windows נכשל בהתקנת העדכון הבא עם שגיאה 0x8007045b: עדכון עבור Windows 8.1 עבור מערכות מבוססות x64 ‏KB3121255.

Error: (04/11/2016 07:10:07 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: ‏‏ההתקנה נכשלה: Windows נכשל בהתקנת העדכון הבא עם שגיאה 0x8007045b: עדכון אבטחה עבור Windows 8.1 עבור מערכות מבוססות x64  ‏KB3097966.

Description: ‏‏ההתקנה נכשלה: Windows נכשל בהתקנת העדכון הבא עם שגיאה 0x8007045b: עדכון עבור Windows 8.1 עבור מערכות מבוססות x64 ‏KB3053863.

Description: ‏‏ההתקנה נכשלה: Windows נכשל בהתקנת העדכון הבא עם שגיאה 0x8007045b: עדכון עבור Windows 8.1 עבור מערכות מבוססות x64 ‏KB3024755.