Malwarebytes Anti-Malware won't update

I haven't been aware of any problems with mbam, until today. I hadn't been on my computer all day and when I came to it this evening there was a notice that mbam is out of date. I clicked to update it but it's been running now for about 40 minutes and still isn't updating. It keeps checking for updates but nothing is happening. 

P.S. It's now been running for nearly an hour and is not updating. I am going to restart.

Also, I have Emsisoft Anti-Malware and that program is also stating that it's out of date and just runs and doesn't update. I only mention this to provide necessary info for some help. 

mbam.JPG

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.0 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes. Thank You, Firefox

Thank you digmorcrusher for your response.

Firefox, I followed your instructions in #1 above and it seems to have worked. In fact, now my EAM program is also working. I had planned to un- and reinstall that program also, but maybe I won't have to.

Thank you for the help!

P.S. When I click on "Content" under my name nothing comes up so that I can find a post. That and the "Settings" are both dead. Do you know what could be going on there?

P.S. #2: I'm back. I guess i have another problem out of the blue. I am using my administrator account. In addition, I right clicked on the desktop shortcut of mbam for the new install I just did and checked the "Run as administrator box" but I can't even move this shortcut into my folder labeled Security Programs, and further, I tried to create a second desktop shortcut and I got a pop up stating as shown on the attached screenshot. I've never had either one of these problems so I have no idea where to go from here. I did try to create shortcut and move the shortcut with my EAM program and that worked fine so this seems to be something to do with mbam and I have no idea. Please HELP!

shortut error.JPG

C drive.JPG

Well, here we go again. I came to my computer this morning and there's a notice that Malwarebytes is out of date. Now it's running and running forever to "check for updates." 

Is this just happening to me or has there been a change of some sort that has caused this problem generally. MBAM should be updating automatically.

Hi:

This is probably a different problem, @Nikilet.

1) Do you have automatic PROGRAM updates disabled, by any chance? (Settings > Update Settings > Check for PROGRAM updates when checking for database updates)

2) And are you still on version 2.2.0.1024?

If the answer to both questions is "YES", see here: 2016.03.23.06 update issues: update doesn't finish

Short answer: upgrading to the current build, 2.2.1.1043 (available HERE) should resolve the issue.
You can upgrade on top of your existing build. A reboot may or may not be required.

If that does not explain or resolve your issue, please ATTACH to your next reply here all 3 diagnostic logs from this pinned topic: Diagnostic Logs

Thanks,

Looks like you have Malwarebytes set to run in compatibility mode.

Please remove the following entry from the Registry entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exeREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exeREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN

Then restart the computer, and then let us know the status