Update to new version

Hi and welcome to the forum! You should be able to put version 1.38 right on top of ver. 1.37 Please post back and let us know how it goes. Your AV and /or Firewall might ask you about the malwarebytes file, some called mbam.exe Let your AV & Firewall Trust them. Feel free to post any more questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Never had much reason to use Malwarebytes on a multi-user computer, but now I have the inkling. If MBAM is installed, by an Admin level user, on a multi-user computer (XP, Vista, 7), for use by the Admin only, will it scan ALL accounts or just the Admin's account?

It should scan all the accounts, unless you have blocked accounts for admin only. I believe once it starts scanning, it scans the whole pc. If your are a Corporate user or have a Corporate license. Send a PM to AdvancedSetup

EDIT: heres a list of whats out there & what mbam scans:http://www.malwarebytes.org/malwarenet.php

The Realtime Protection Module uses our advanced heuristic scanning technology which monitors your system to keep it safe and secure

Let us know if we can be of any further help anytime! regards...

It should scan all the accounts, unless you have blocked accounts for admin only. I believe once it starts scanning, it scans the whole pc. If your are a Corporate user or have a Corporate license. Send a PM to AdvancedSetup

EDIT: heres a list of whats out there & what mbam scans:http://www.malwarebytes.org/malwarenet.php

The Realtime Protection Module uses our advanced heuristic scanning technology which monitors your system to keep it safe and secure

Let us know if we can be of any further help anytime! regards...

Hi and welcome to the forum! You should be able to put version 1.38 right on top of ver. 1.37 Please post back and let us know how it goes. Your AV and /or Firewall might ask you about the malwarebytes file, some called mbam.exe Let your AV & Firewall Trust them. Feel free to post any more questions.

• Root Admin

That is true of the USER Profile Hive only. We do scan all the other hives and clean as required. Typically the only thing that might be left over are minor registry entries in a user profile hive, rarely able to do anything with it due to the files being removed.

So this "limitation" of scanning the active registry hive only should not be a issue? I guess I'm looking to limit which users have access to MBAM, since putting it in the hands of the wrong user could be a bad thing. By simply limiting its use to the personal computer's administrator level user, makes for more peace of mind.