Protection disabled at startup

datapod

As others have reported I find Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta disabled at startup.

In addition I would add that I only notice this if I happen to maximize the program from the Task Bar to check.

No visual indication is given that the program's protection is disabled.

Windows 10 (build 10240)

Log files attached.

wSbVr4T.jpg

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

Malwarebytes-MBAMServicelogs.zip

Hello datapod and :welcome:

Thank you for including the valued zip files for the developer team.

Only with your computer, it may be difficult (and possibly not valid) to associate MBARW's failure to have activated protection at the completion of system startup. However it appears as if the system was upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous Windows 8 version very recently and you have stated above that the W10 OS is at build 10240.

Many Windows 10 users have permitted their systems to allow Windows Updates such that an up-to-date system might be at "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.112)" by now.

Thank you.

Hello and Welcome mmicrosysm

As everyone's computer is different its better to start your own topic.

Once you start your own topic please attach the requested info below.

Create a ZIP of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\ and attach it to your post.

Create another ZIP of the directoy C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\ and attach it to your post.

Thanks for understanding.

Hello and Welcome mmicrosysm

As everyone's computer is different its better to start your own topic.

Once you start your own topic please attach the requested info below.

Create a ZIP of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\ and attach it to your post.

Create another ZIP of the directoy C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\ and attach it to your post.

Thanks for understanding.

Well I'm seeing a trend here with your app on other forums. Some reason it is disabling itself today. I no longer have those logs as i deleted the app until this issue is resolved. Thanks for the reply.

Hello datapod and :welcome:

Thank you for including the valued zip files for the developer team.

Only with your computer, it may be difficult (and possibly not valid) to associate MBARW's failure to have activated protection at the completion of system startup. However it appears as if the system was upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous Windows 8 version very recently and you have stated above that the W10 OS is at build 10240.

Many Windows 10 users have permitted their systems to allow Windows Updates such that an up-to-date system might be at "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.112)" by now.

Thank you.

Actually My system was upgraded from Windows 7 August of last year. I have not  been offered build 1511 via WUD. I will update when offered. 

FWIW it (Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta) was working properly (protected at startup) prior to your most recent update. Hope that helps

Thanks for your reply.

D

I think i have found the "problem".

I have installed the programm at my laptop. It´s all okay till you disable the prottection yourself.

After that and after an reboot the protection is disabled...

That would be logical behavior for a Beta.

I did not however disable protection manually.

D

Hello mmicrosysm:

Perhaps you missed the following:

Known Issue:

• If installing the upgrade on Windows 8.1 x64 over a previous Beta, the service may not start automatically. In this case, simply click Start Protection on the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware dashboard or run the Beta installer a second time.

Thank you.