Rootkits Disabled?

For some strange reason my scheduled settings for both Threat Scan and Database Update disappeared a day ago so I reprogrammed both settings and enabled Rootkits for the Threat Scan. Yet when I run a Threat Scan, the application logs Scanning History Log, it states "Rootkits disabled". What is wrong? How can this problem be fixed?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/21/2016 at 1:23 PM, Aura said:

Hi TeeRodFL,

Are you experiencing the same issue as rhwarold? His thread is over a year old. 

Sorry I overlooked your reply, this seems to have been slooooowly resolved over several new releases and at the present time working as expected with occasional error messages in the notification area that "web protection is turned off" after a reboot, of which I do every night. I get that notification the next day when I login occasionally, but usually if I reboot during the day for some reason and then login. I can resolve this easily usually by just enabling it manually, that's good, but why is that doing that I wounder?

Edited by TeeRodFL

7 hours ago, TeeRodFL said:

Sorry I overlooked your reply, this seems to have been slooooowly resolved over several new releases and at the present time working as expected with occasional error messages in the notification area that "web protection is turned off" after a reboot, of which I do every night. I get that notification the next day when I login occasionally, but usually if I reboot during the day for some reason and then login. I can resolve this easily usually by just enabling it manually, that's good, but why is that doing that I wounder?

Are you using the latest version of 3.4.5? I believe the newest version fixed this delimna.

Yes the latest version 3.4.5, and strangely since I have gotten then latest I have discovered very high CPU 80-90% usage especially "csrss.exe", making my desktop behave like a piece of junk.  Horrible.

So I decided to start uninstalling any programs that were in stalled in the last 30 days or so.  It just so happened I updated and purchased some new software recently.  After the uninstalls one by one and testing the CPU usage each time I finally was at the end of my rope, racking my brain I decided that indeed might be my beloved Malwarebytes update to 3.4.5.. So I decided to turn everything off and guess what CPU went from70-80% to 12 then to 5%.  Then I started to turn each feature on one by one the culprit was the ransomware protection.

I duckduck searched this problem and found many users with the same problem, my criteria was "Malwarebytes ransomware protection High CPU usage".  One of the solutions was an old download of "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit".  I actually bought that (not sure of the version) 2 or 3 years ago with my subscription and it never worked properly always taking far too long to load and eventually giving an error saying the same so I just uninstalled it and went about my business. The download did the same thing. I guess later it was just incorporated into the main program at no charge.  Ransomware protection was working fine until the update (I think), at least I didn't notice this awful problem until recently.  The only real issue I have had (on this machine) was the real time web protection.

My machine is info follows:

Operating System:    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate(6.1.7601 Build 7601)

Physical Memory (Installed):    8 GB
Processor:    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9650  @ 3.00GHz
System Type:    x64-based PC
Total Installed Updates:    300 Updates - See Detailed View for more information
Display Adapter(s):    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series    8.970.100.1100
CyberLink Mirror Driver    1.0.0.0
System Manufacturer:    Intel Corporation
Mainboard Model:    DX38BT
Network Adapter(s): Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection    9.13.4.10

ST3000DM001-1ER166 ATA Device    175.31 GB (available)    6.1.7601.19133
ST3000DM001-1ER166 ATA Device    405.50 GB (available)    6.1.7601.19133
ST4000DM004-2CV104 ATA Device    2.81 TB (available)    6.1.7601.19133
ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device    166.93 GB (available)    6.1.7601.19133

Edited by TeeRodFL

12 hours ago, dcollins said:

Can you please gather some logs for us so we can look at what's going on?

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced Options
  3. Choose Gather Logs, and once it's done, upload the zip file it creates on your desktop (mbst-grab-results.zip)

Thanks Devin

<REMOVED PER REQUEST>

Edited by dcollins
Removed link