vincent

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received "Error 0xc0000135" while opening Internet Explorer today. Edge would instantly crash but I had no issues with command prompt or Excel 2016 as one previous post did. It was resolved by uninstalling 1045 and upgrading to 1185.

Windows 10 EDU 10586, Bitdefender Total Security 2016.

Some things that I noticed:

• My MBAE trial expired this morning, issue did not occur during trial.
  • After installing 1185 and opening IE, BitDefender was trying to push its Bitdefender Wallet add-on still.
  • Edge event log: Apps 5973 Activation of app Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

I don't have TWinUI log section though.

Greetings!

I recently needed to restart following an update.

This resulted in all of my web browsers (Waterfox, Firefox, Edge) no longer launching or running.

Everything was working fine before the reboot.

Disabling Anti-Exploit restores browser functionality.

Do I have a problem or is there someting up with Windows + Anti-Exploit?

---

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

Anti-Malware Home Premium (Ver 2.2.0.1024)

Anti-Exploit Premium

NIS (Ver 22.5.5.15)

UPDATE: Evidently it was something with Windows- I just got another OS update and this issue resolved on reboot.
(Note that I'd rebooted several times as I attempted to define the issue, so it was definitely the last update that solved it for me.)

Two days without a browser! Man, I'm an addict!

I too am having issues with AntiExploit causing Edge, IE, and CMD from running in Windows 10.   I suspect it even eventually causes the start menu to stop working.

This seems to have started this week so it may be related to a recent Windows update.

I have tried the route to uninstall MAE, remove its folder from ProgramData, reinstall to no avail.  I have even tried build 1185, same problem.

In case this is a factor since I see MAE seems to conflict with other security apps, I am running latest version of Avast Free.

There's enough problems with Windows 10 itself coming up with problems, particularly Start Menu itself and Appx apps not working that we can't have third party security applications complicating the matter.