MBAM won't scan a single PDF file

I am running MBAM version 2.0.2.1020 on a Windows XP Toshiba Tecra computer. In MBAM General Settings, I have "Yes" checked for Explorer Context Menu Entry. Yet when I right click on a suspeciuos PDF file, "Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware" appears as a choce, and when I click it no scan occurs. The STRANGE thing is that MBAM WILL scan other right clicked single files. Why won't it scan a PDF file that I received in an unsolicited email?

Second question: Can you give me a "best guess" estimate as to when you will be releasing a new, less buggy, version of MBAM???

MBAM doesn't target PDF files or any other document, script or media file.

Second question: Can you give me a "best guess" estimate as to when you will be releasing a new, less buggy, version of MBAM???

Please don't confuse the concept of a "bug" with you own lack of understanding of what the product does or does not do.  If anything, you thinking that MBAM targets a PDF (which at most is exploit code) is in itself a "bug".

David,

Thank you very much for your reply and correcting my lack of full understanding of MBAM. I apologize for my stupidity. But you really did not answer my very specific question. What is your best guess estimate as to when a NEW version of MBAM will be released???

Hi:

Q1:
My MBAM 2 performs a context menu scan of individual PDF files just fine.  So, there might be something wrong with your current installation.
Routine troubleshooting begins with the following steps:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Q2:

As neither David H. Lipman nor I work for Malwarebytes, let alone on the product development team, we would not be able to answer that question.

Only the product development team would be able to do so.

I'm certain that they will make an OFFICIAL announcement to that effect when that is forthcoming.

You may wish to monitor this sub-forum area >>HERE<< and this one >>HERE<<, or the BLOG, or social media; or you may wish to  subscribe to the newsletter on the company home page.

Thanks,