Malwarebytes Incompatible, with mobile Dongle

I installed malwarebytes, and i get no internet connection when the Malicious website protection is on, i have to turn it off to get internet access, at first i thought it was a virus or malware on my laptop preventing me from accessing the internet, i tried everythig i could to find and remoe it, but i had no luck.

I tried getting access to the internet using my neighbour's landline broadband and had no problems with it turned on.

After i ran out of ideas i decided to do a complete reinstall of windows (8.1), then reinstalled malwarebytes and the problem came back, i finally got intouch with my internet isp and they stated to me that malwarebytes is likely in compatible with their device (3 connect, mobile broadband usb dongle)...

Hello Weeder and :welcome:

We are sorry you are experiencing trouble. Please answer the following questions if you're able:

• What is the Manufacturer's complete name and the exact model number of the device?
  • Do you connect wirelessly (Wi-Fi) to a router or does an Ethernet cable connect your computer to a router?
  • What is the company name of your ISP?
  • Would you please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs?

Thank you. :)

Yes i Connect Wirelessly, using a usb stick.

My neighbour has an ethernet cable, i used their's to test the usb stick.

I can't send any diagnostic logs at the moment because im a work and my laptop is at home,

also im getting a new ISP sometime tomorrow with (British Telecom), and malwarebytes works ok with them, so no biggie!

If i have time i'll try and scan my laptop and upload the logs, but it will take a few days.

Thank you.

Just an update:

ok i finally got BT, an tried to access the internet but cant, 3Connect still doesnt work either,

I just used windows diagnostic's.

It has something to do with the, MWAC filter:

Here is what windows diagnostic's found and here are two logs from windows diagnostic,(Excluding the Etl File), i think these logs will help better.

Issues found
Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connectionSecurity or firewall settings might be blocking the connection
Security policy settings or firewall settings on this computer might be blocking the connection. Detected Detected
Contact your network administrator Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection Detected Detected

Security policy settings or firewall settings on this computer might be blocking the connection.
Contact your network administrator Completed

Your network security settings might need to be adjusted to allow Windows to connect.

Detection details Expand

InformationalDiagnostics Information (Network Security)
Details about network security diagnosis:

Settings that might be blocking the connection:
Provider name:         -
Provider description:     -
Filter name:         MWAC Filter
Provider context name:     -

InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log
File Name:  2D2697AA-1CC4-4810-A15D-61B47827E29C.Diagnose.0.etl

InformationalOther Networking Configuration and Logs
File Name:  NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information
Computer Name:  HOME
Windows Version: 6.3
Architecture: x64
Time: 04 August 2014 19:02:35

route.print.txt

ipconfig.all.txt

Hello Weeder:

I'll escalate your issue to a Malwarebytes staffer for assistance.

Now that the Huawei E353 USB to Three (3G wireless device) is not in question, what means do you use to connect with BT?

You may need to make the exclusions >>HERE<<. In particular it may be critical to make the following URL a "Trusted" address:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

In reply #2 above, step #4 may be much more important now. Please try to reply with those diagnostic logs now.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Please try to simply disable our Website Protection by right click on tray icon and wait a minute and then see if you're able to access the Internet now or not and let me know.

I'll probably need to escalate this off to our QA Team as I've not see this issue before.

Here are the log's:

I connect to BT with Ethernet cable,

I have turned off the, malicious website protection, and can access the internet, but i cant access the internet with it trun on.

I think i need to add, Malwarebytes Malicious website protection feature, to a MWAC filter exclusion list? (I have no idea how to do this though)

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Aside from the issue your having, and Ron reporting this to QA....

Your logs show signs of being infected...., feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

I think i need to add, Malwarebytes Malicious website protection feature, to a MWAC filter exclusion list? (I have no idea how to do this though)

Hello Weeder:

At this point, you need not worry about the MWAC.sys system driver file. However, as has been suggested above, please give strong consideration to having our Malware Removal Experts help you with a few issues in your system.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

I'm sorry but we have reviewed the log and it does not look like we'll be able to fully explore the issue with Cellular USB 3G Adapters at this time. We hope to review this in the future but for now if this is continuing to give you an issue and there is no workaround you'll need to probably use another security solution at this time.

• 3 weeks later...