I don't like MBAM 2.0.2, can I revert to 1.75?

Hey there, I'm new....  so I was wondering if there is any possible way to install MBAM v1.75 instead of v2.0.2 and still keep the database updated? I just don't like the new UI and the way it's recently impact my old laptop, witch has a base score of 2.2.   

-Your feedback is greatly appreciated   :)      

Hello and :welcome: :

>>Disclaimer: I am just a home user and forum volunteer. I do not work for Malwarebytes.

We are disappointed to learn that you are not satisfied with version 2.

The new GUI did generate quite a bit of vigorous feedback (both negative AND positive) during a lengthy beta-testing period.

And improvements will be forthcoming in future versions.

However, especially with the Premium version, there is not much need to view the  UI - scheduled updates and scans run silently in the background. 

Moreover, what's "under the hood" matters more than the GUI color scheme.

Reasons to use the newer version include: it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).

We would be more than happy to work with you to resolve any specific issues or problems you might be experiencing with version 2.

Otherwise, you can download Malwarebytes version 1.75 from =>Malwarebytes Box HERE<= and click on the BLUE box titled Download (9.8 MB)
You will need to configure it to turn off checking for program updates; otherwise, you will be notified of the version 2 availability for download and install.

Please note: Version 1.75 continues to receive database updates at this time, but support for version 1.75 will end in several months.

Thanks for your feedback,

Ok yes.

In MBAM v2, I'm having problems with it not updating correctly and when I do a scan, it constantly freezes on me. But I believe it's my pc fault because it's about 7 yrs old and gets over heated really easy. Although none of this occurred v1.75, so maybe my pc can't handle the new MBAM? 

Can you guys make it more compatible with old pc? Well, until then I'll go back to v1.75 

-Thanks for your help   :)

Hi:

In MBAM v2, I'm having problems with it not updating correctly and when I do a scan, it constantly freezes on me. But I believe it's my pc fault because it's about 7 yrs old and gets over heated really easy. Although none of this occurred v1.75, so maybe my pc can't handle the new MBAM?

If you have an old computer with 2 GB or less of RAM, then it might have trouble running a lot of modern programs, not just MBAM.

There may be some cleanup work that can be done to speed things up.
You might want to try some of the suggestions in the following tutorials:
Slow PC? - Start here
Computer Resources for Repair and Management
Slow Computer?

As this is a support forum, it is hardly surprising to find users like yourself requesting support. ;)
The other member's advice to stay with version 1.75 is not a viable long-term solution, for the reasons I already explained, unless you plan to replace your current computer before support ends for version 1.75.

It would be better if you permit us to work with you to see if we can't improve your system's overall performance a bit.
If it is still slow or having trouble with updating after trying the tutorials mentioned above, please read the following and post back at attachments to your next reply the requested 3 diagnostic logs: Diagnostic Logs
Depending on what the logs show, we may then refer you to another sub-section of the forum for help, either PC Help or Malware Removal.

Thank you,

Hi daledoc1,

I am running a PC with Win7/64, ESET AV and a firewall and I rarely see RAM usage climbing over 1.5GB, so 2GB of RAM should not have an impact on MBAM (see the attachment)

Being disappointed "to learn that you are not satisfied with V2" is a  "politically correct" answer, but please , cut the crap and be realistic!!!!

Hundred of people have almost the same problem with MBAM v.2 (including myself) , so blaming anything else is a nonsense in the troubleshooting process.

Yes, I truly believe that the only logical thing to do NOW is to revert to v 1.75 and stop already this charade with "clean/uninstall/install the last version/ provide logs"

Thanks! 

post-159015-0-28255200-1405203090_thumb.

Hi David H. Lipman,

I am disappointed to learned that my post offended you!

Unfortunately this is the reality, and all the  "fixes" for MBAM, are , word by word, the definition of insanity:

"doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different result"

Thanks!

Hey you guys, could you please stop the fighting and help out your fellow customer! 

So... I believe it's a little of both, meaning my laptop is old and slow at times, but I also think It's developers/admins job to provide the best product for all sorts of users/situations and etc, etc, etc. 

But never mind that, I umm.... actually I have adjusted my laptop for best performance, so now it should run smoothly with new MBAM, hopefully.  And I guess I will go ahead with the troubleshoot and follow your guys advise.

-PS: I do not feel that I'm getting the best customer care here, and I especially don't like being accused of Inappropriate actions/replies.

Hello LimboSlam:

Please allow me to personally apologize for the intrusions on your thread. If at any point you can not tolerate the distractions further, we can work with you through Private Messaging (PM).

If you believe you have exhausted the good advice given by daledoc1, we can continue on here:

• Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x.
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.
  • The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are: 1) CheckResults.txt 2) FRST.txt 3) Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply.
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located in Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions.

Please let us know the status of your issue in a reply to this thread.

Thank You. :)

Hello:

-PS: I do not feel that I'm getting the best customer care here, and I especially don't like being accused of Inappropriate actions/replies.

Please do not misunderstand -- the forum helpers (myself, David H. Lipman and 1PW) and all of the staff and experts are here to help you in any way possible.

The other member is the one who has been interrupting your topic with unhelpful and irrelevant replies.

Please post back with the diagnostic logs, as requested, or with an update after you have tried some of the suggested troubleshooting.

Take care,

yeah, hey I'm sorry that I misunderstood also :)

I actually decided to stick with MBAM v1.75 because It has not failed me yet and I like the GUI!

-PS: I have done my own troubleshooting and it turns out my laptop can't handle a lot. But with a little tinkering and some new software replacements, the new MBAM v2.0.2 has successfully ran without any problems!