BartPE plugin for MBAM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they don't list it on their tools page, and even though someone may have released a plugin to seemingly make it work does not mean it is fully functional.

But thank you for the information.

No pun intended...but

it is fully functional and it is included, just because you guys did not succeed...well, to bad

if in doubt, just go over there and ask the people who made it possible

Oddworld signing out...

Well they don't list it on their tools page, and even though someone may have released a plugin to seemingly make it work does not mean it is fully functional.

But thank you for the information.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/verhistory.htm

Version 3.50 Changes -Released:4/21/09

■Feature- Explorer as Shell (by Hilander999 & Joshua)

■Feature- Hashcheck received some updates to help speed it up

■Feature- BTS Drivers now have compatible LAN, WLAN, and graphics drivers. Mass Storage, LAN, and WLAN drivers are included in UBCD4Win, only Mass Storage & LAN are enabled

■Feature- VC++ 2008 Runtime, Avira 9 requires this

■Feature- New "cleanup tools" section, noted as CT in added software

■Feature- New "dynamic" plugin for Kaspersky, handles versions 7 and 8. Compatible with XP and Vista 32/64

■Added- CT: ATF Cleaner

■Added- Autorun Eater

■Added- CT: AVG Remover

■Added- CT: ComboFix

■Added- Easeus Partition Master HE 3.0.2

■Added- Commercial: Easeus Partition Master Pro MulitBoot plugin

■Added- Commercial: Kaspersky Internet Security

■Added- MalwareBytes AntiMalware

■Added- NetCat (it's back!!)

■Added- CT: Norton Removal Tool

■Added- CT: SDFix

■Added- Vipre

mbam-2.JPG

Plugin has been tested on a lot of infected systems with success since month!

There are problems with building on vista and 64bit systems.

New version will be released soon!

Joshua

just because you guys did not succeed...well, to bad

Have you read my Credits info! :P

; Anti-Malware.inf

; PE Builder v3 plug-in INF file for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

; Created by Joshua

; Version 1.1-Beta - 27.04.2009 mbam 1.36

; http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm

; Email: dcs@drowaelder.de

;

; Credits to Richard Jordan, NullPuppy, StopSpazzing, muggles

; with help from the following links:

; http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=21344

; http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5502

; http://bartpe.boot-land.net/Projects/Tools.../xpe-crypto.inf

Joshua

• Root Admin
No pun intended...but

it is fully functional and it is included, just because you guys did not succeed...well, to bad

It is not a matter of succeed. I fully understand how to make it succeed.

The issue is and always has been that there is no need for us to create this as it will only increase the amount of users that will ultimately use it illegally.

Only home users are allowed to use the product for free. A business (which in almost every case where the person requesting this turned out to be a business entity trying to use the product [without paying for it] on a CD to automate the repair and make money, which is against the EULA)

How'd you guys handle the registry issue (the fact that MBAM doesn't load it from an inactive system the way that Spybot Search & Destroy does)?

It is done with paragliders runscanner plugin!

A registry redirector plugin

paraglidernc.com/plugins/runscanner.htm

Joshua

The issue is and always has been that there is no need for us to create this as it will only increase the amount of users that will ultimately use it illegally.

Come on, this is not true!

Sometimes it is not possible to remove a spyware, if it is active on host system!

And to say it increase the amount of users that will ultimately use it illegally, is only your subjektiv estimation!

MBAM is a wonderfull program, and i am sure a lot of people will buy it, after the tried it!!!

And of course you be correct, that every techican uses your program, has to buy it!

Joshua

Every technician that uses it has to purchase a special Technician's License which needs to be renewed yearly, not just pay 24.95 like everyone else. If home users were to use it it wouldn't violate any EULA's as long as they weren't redistributing it or charging for its use on others' systems. I think the main point is, there are other ways and most novice users won't be using tools like UBCD to begin with, in fact, they usually come to forums like this (where the helpers assist for free, no purchase necessary).

Every technician that uses it has to purchase a special Technician's License which needs to be renewed yearly, not just pay 24.95 like everyone else.

Then please give more information about the cost of one Technician's License.

If you think, it is not enough that the license.txt is included in the plugin, please also let us know.

If you wan't, we can open a special message box with license info, before starting MBAM.

Joshua

That's actually not a bad idea, but you'd have to consult the developers on that (I'm but a lowly forum regular :P ). RubberDuckY and Nosirrah are developers and they can be reached easily via PM. As far as cost for a Tech License, I'm not sure. But the way to find out (if anyone with a business is curious) would be to contact corporate [at] malwarebytes [dot] org.

We asked, begged, pleaded that this did not happen. It is NOT intended for this use. We will just have to make it harder to use with PE I suppose.

You really need to open a window and get some fresh air from time to time.

You never "asked, begged, pleaded that this did not happen"... instead you simply kept overstating the fact that it was not designed to run on PE, which is the case for almost any real program today.

Some are more difficult then other to make work, but there is always someone with enough knowledge to make it work. Your reason for not wanting a working barpe plugin is absolutely ridiculous.

Include the plugin as part of your technicians license and reek the rewards of finally getting people to actually order a technicians license.

I absolutely despise having to type things any more, send me a PM with your direct phone number and it would take me less then 30 minutes to convice you that supporting PE is what makes or breaks this type of software in today's world.

Had you, even ONCE, sad "Guy's please don't make a bartpe plugin that works or we will have to beat our heads against the wall trying to figure out how to break it." you probbly would not have had to make the post I am responding to.

I do this for fun, because I can and because I love a good puzzle, getting mean about this and claiming your gonna make the code break in pe mode is going to make people like me step up and figure out what you did to break it. I could probably show you a thousand ways to break a program in PE, and 1001 ways to fix said issue.

Please take the time to rethink your position on this because as you already know, people are going to use the software one way or another, and not having a PE plugin already, has not stopped people from using it without a technicians license, which I', sure is not cheap..... but just think how much more tempting it would be to actually pay for that license if you know you can boot an ofline system and save your techs hourly rate by making their job faster and easier.

UBCD4WWIN is aimed at the total newbie moron who just broke their PC, as well as tech's.... but this project is clearly labeled as free for personal use only and I can tell you for a fact that you will see a sudden surge of users by announcing a working bartpe plugin.

There's more then just a buck to be made here, but it's your money, so if you would rather light them on fire then collect them, that's your own fault.

PS: I was serious about that phone call, and no this response was not intended to start a fight.

What a bunch of jerks.

So somewhere in the universe you live in, only your tool is perfect?? Catches everything??

It's because of close minded jerks like you that the computing world has half the problems it does!! Your tool is not perfect, why can't you accept that PE has it's place and is an EXCELLENT tool for removing garbage off your system. Arrogant, cocky jerk.

After all of this, I am SO happy that the shop I work at decided to become Super AntiSpyware resellers!!

• Root Admin
Your reason for not wanting a working barpe plugin is absolutely ridiculous.

Our reasons were quite clear, and they are scattered all over the forums. Our detection rates are NOT as high as they are in normal mode. There may also be false positives associated with running in PE mode. We are trying to not make this official and when a PE release appears, people will think it is from us. At least put a disclaimer that this PE plugin was not created by Malwarebytes instead of taking matters into your own hands. We asked for people to not create a PE plugin, yet it happened, without contacting us.

It's because of close minded jerks like you that the computing world has half the problems it does!! Your tool is not perfect, why can't you accept that PE has it's place and is an EXCELLENT tool for removing garbage off your system. Arrogant, cocky jerk.

I'm sorry, now I'm cocky because I am looking out for our users? I never said our tool was perfect, in fact, far from it. I never said PE is a bad environment, I said it is not an environment for our tool.

I would rather our tool not work in PE than work wrong and break a system and then be held responsible because another person decided to take matters into their own hands. This is said with all due respect to both of you.

Our reasons were quite clear, and they are scattered all over the forums. Our detection rates are NOT as high as they are in normal mode. There may also be false positives associated with running in PE mode. We are trying to not make this official and when a PE release appears, people will think it is from us. At least put a disclaimer that this PE plugin was not created by Malwarebytes instead of taking matters into your own hands. We asked for people to not create a PE plugin, yet it happened, without contacting us.
I was not a forum member here untill just now, and I read a couple threads and so no "Please dont try to make this work in pe" warning.

I understand what you are saying and will gladly add a warning dialog to the next version stating that it is not created by megabytes.

Even better.... we already have a program to display a license file and choose agree or cancel, which can be slipped in with no problem at all.

How would you like to supply the warning yourself? So that we are not pushing against any walls?

You tell me exactly how to word the warning.txt, and every time a user runs this app from bartpe they will have to click on an OK dialog box, does that work for you?

PS: Steeltrepid took your post out of context and is probably on his 4th beer already. :P

No, no beer yet. It's almost the same affect though, I'm busy at work and get notified about these little things. I don't have the time to gather all facts so like a moron I sometimes start shooting my mouth off. Most of the time I try to ignore this stuff until after work so I have time to ingest all the information.

Oh BTW, would probably be a good idea to apologize now. I'm sorry for calling you a jerk. There was no call for it and I just got a little too fired up and shot my mouth of when I shouldn't have. I don't think you are a jerk, just didn't agree with what you said and we should be able to fix that with a few calls tonight.

We'll look into some official PE support as soon as possible.

We can certainly help you in that department. Steeltrepid (Ben) got your PM and my phone rang shortly afterwords... I've have not received one yet and I am the one you need to talk to. OR if you just want to post the exact warning you want displayed here, then that's fine also.

I did not write any of the currently released plugins for this, but I have completely re-written a new one that supports all languages, OS's and platforms currently being used for bartpe.

I can tweak whatever you want to make the program work better in PE, so that their is no lashing back on you guys.