Anyway to stop MBAM's UAC prompt?

is it possible to stop MBAM from asking for UAC? like granting it permanent permission like many other programs do?

specially when trying to do scan's via right-click menu.

This works in Windows 7 and I'd guess Vista but I'm not sure about XP or other OS.

- Create a new task in Task Scheduler.  I included some of my Task Scheduler screencaps for a task that I

named "MBAM"

- You should be able to use the default values for the other tabs, "Conditions" , "Settings".

- Once you have created your new task, you need to create a new shortcut on your Desktop.

- Right-click on your Desktop to start the new short wizard.

- In the "Type the location of the item" field, enter:

schtasks /run /tn "task name"   

where the task name is the same name of your new task that you created

in Task Scheduler.  Include the quotes.

- Type in the name for your shortcut in the next wizard screen.

- You can then right-click on the new shortcut to access the Properties and change your icon picture with

the "change icon" button.

That's it.  I use this for my Acronis, Process Explorer, and a few other programs to launch my frequently-

used programs and bypass the UAC prompt.

There is an additional command that you might want to add into your Task Scheduler "Actions" tab if you

routinely open a UAC-required program with other windows active/open.

Ih the "actions" tan in your new task, enter this:

%windir%\System32\cmd.exe

Then you would add the task name and program path as the arguments:

/c start "MABM" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe"

I don't need that option since I always go to my "desktop active" with everything else minimized before I

open a UAC-required item.

In this way, everything else on my PC is UAC enabled.

post-146232-0-68446500-1381330334_thumb.

post-146232-0-00368400-1381330570_thumb.

I forgot to mention, unfortunately for the 2nd part of your question. the above procedure using Task Scheduler won't bypass the UAC when performing a right-click scan request on an object.

I use the procedure for opening the main MBAM console without requiring the UAC prompt.

• Root Admin

thank you guys for the replies, so there's no official and efficient way to do this which i personally think is disappointing but not a big deal.

Yes there is.  It's called purchasing a lifetime license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO for $24.95 and letting it protect your computer and do everything automatically for you.