SecurityWonks vrs. Malwarebytes server

I went to SecurityWonks for an update, it said I had the current defs.... seconds later I went to Malwarebytes server and downloaded a bunch of updates? any reason why one has them over the other? I have to do manual downloads due to other programs downloading if the MBAM was set to auto download..... makes a mess but I'm not complaining. TIA

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31

Database version: 1551

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/26/2008 5:06:03 PM

mbam-log-2008-12-26 (17-06-03).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 68550

Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 15 second(s)

I would believe that Bruce updates the definitions that are mirrored at SecurityWonks, so they should always be the same as the ones on Malwarebytes.org, it's just that Bruce updates the definition so often that you can download new updates 5-10 times a day.

I would believe that Bruce updates the definitions that are mirrored at SecurityWonks, so they should always be the same as the ones on Malwarebytes.org, it's just that Bruce updates the definition so often that you can download new updates 5-10 times a day.

Thanks for the reply! I have some firewall issues with SecurityWonks! Even though I have them both in the trust area of Trend Micro Internet Security 2009. Plus MBAM itself, SecurityWonks does take a few clicks to get it to go! where Malwarebytes.org has no problems.?

thx. another software mystry...

Thanks for the reply! I have some firewall issues with SecurityWonks! Even though I have them both in the trust area of Trend Micro Internet Security 2009. Plus MBAM itself, SecurityWonks does take a few clicks to get it to go! where Malwarebytes.org has no problems.?

thx. another software mystry...

Probably just getting overloaded with update requests. We should be getting some new mirrors online soon, so it should reduce the load, and help lessen the update problems.

For me, updating is never too much of an issue...

If the server at MalwareBytes.org failed me, i can switch to SecurityWonks and get my updates done in a jiffy and the other way round. Updating speed is also fast and stable. But like GT500 said, it's welcoming to have more mirrors in the future. Who knows that one day both MalwareBytes & SecurityWonks failed me at the same time lol.

Unlike most security software, one thing you've got to take your hat off for MBAM is how fast the response time of the MBAM team are towards existing issues. :P

For me, updating is never too much of an issue...

If the server at MalwareBytes.org failed me, i can switch to SecurityWonks and get my updates done in a jiffy and the other way round. Updating speed is also fast and stable. But like GT500 said, it's welcoming to have more mirrors in the future. Who knows that one day both MalwareBytes & SecurityWonks failed me at the same time lol.

Unlike most security software, one thing you've got to take your hat off for MBAM is how fast the response time of the MBAM team are towards existing issues. :P

My hat is off to MBAM !! Like I said in my 1st. post "I'm not complaining. TIA"

Hello Guys

I am really after a long time on the forums.

until last few weeks, I think, our securitywonks mirror did well and due to heavy spike, and after two or three occasional notifications, we had finally changed the mirror to a cluster. I found much heavy increase in usage after the change. Marcin reported it worked fine.

As Bruce updates the files and manages files on our mirror as well along with malwarebytes mirror, I hope it will not create much difference.

we had the securitywonks's MBAM mirror on a very much optimised set of nodes. It should not create any problem, since Bruce updates our mirror after malwarebytes mirror (I hope), we may be few minutes late :P:)

we will cope up:)

thank you

I wish to ensure people are in harmony and no communication gap exists my friend. I had removed last traces of OLD server of ours (where we hosted the Definition Mirror), so no way old server serving the users in last 12 hours. Our Current Cluster setup alone is serving the MBAM Definition requests after that.

thank you everyone for understanding.

Not all the time but the SecurityWonks mirror/site, when I checked for updates this morning it said "I had the latest database version"

Switching to Malwarebytes.org mirror gave me just over 1400+ KB of updates.... I do get them from SecurityWonks mirror but

its something I just discovered........

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31

Database version: 1568

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/29/2008 12:15:57 PM

mbam-log-2008-12-29 (12-15-57).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 68916

Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

I just updated using both servers and here are my results.

First: SecurityWonks.net

Date: 12/30/08

Database version: 1574

Fingerprints Loaded: 64055

Immediately followed with...

Second: Malwarebytes.org

Date: 12/30/08

Database version: 1577

Fingerprints Loaded: 64122

That's three versions behind if all is correct.

Just thought you would like to know.