Comparison between Malwarebytes & SUPERAntiSpyware.

Guest name cool

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you meaning this question ?

A system with manny Files, or contend will take longer cheked, or not ?!

And how fast is the /your computer ??

The detection rate is important, not the scan time....

But i gueess, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is better than SAS, that is my personal opnion, but that was not the question, or ?

MAM

This depends on the user. Lets say a user locks their system down with policies an white only execution and uses MBAM only as a double check. This person is likely to never see a single detection ever so a quick scan would be advantageous.

People that use multiple scanners at a tech shop would also want scans to go as fast as possible as they are likely going to be running all of them in sequential order.

I have used the beta version of both programs.

SUPERAntiSpyware: 5.0.1086

Scan type       : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:08:14

Malwarebyte' Anti Malware: 1.51.0.600

Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 27 second(s)

So SAS little quicker

The bottom line is that no matter how many tests you run the conclusion will always be the same, a single scanner can't catch everything, no matter who they are - that applies to real-life on end user systems as well - you need multiple layers of protection - MBAM+SAS+AntiVirus+Firewall+CommonSense is a good starting place.

MBAM will catch things we miss, and SUPERAntiSpyware will catch things MBAM misses - that is just the reality - run both products - neither conflict with each other or other products.

MBAM+SAS+AntiVirus+Firewall+CommonSense is a good starting place.

That is what I always say, without the MBAM+SAS+Antivirus part though on Linux and with Sandboxie on Windows.

3Pk3Y.png

Of course, less experienced users need more smart protection, while more experienced users are fine enough with just a bit of dumb protection.

To quote myself from another forum:

... when I say "smart" or "dumb", I don't mean it literally (notice the quotation marks). "Smart" simply means the product can decide something on its own, and "dumb" means the product has to consult the user before making a decision. Each kind of product suits another set of users. For example, I'd never use a "smart" product. But an inexperienced user will choose to use a "smart" product for sure.

Guest name cool

What do you meaning this question ?

A system with manny Files, or contend will take longer cheked, or not ?!

And how fast is the /your computer ??

But i gueess, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is better than SAS, that is my personal opnion, but that was not the question, or ?

MAM

I think this means (the full-scan your computer) all disk partitions!

And most of us have a two disks (C - D) and this varies from person to person. This depends if you have a lot of files on your computer. But compared with every scanners I find that Malwarebytes' is faster and better than the other scanners. And 'I've scanned my computer with both scanners with the same files that I already have. However, we note the difference.!! :)

I think Malwarebytes is a great program and even if it weren't already faster I would continue to use it regardless. Keep up the good work!!

MBAM is way better then SAS. I've found SAS's real time protection to be quite poor. It rarely detect/blocks malicious files in real time compared to scanning the file where most of the time it detects the file. Only good as a secondary scanner.

• Root Admin

Okay as this has pretty much run it's course I'm going to go ahead and close this topic. Just an FYI this is not a new subject and there really was no need for a Poll a search of the board would provide you with information on the subject. In most cases if you have questions please post a question not a topic.

Thanks